PDA

View Full Version : Mrs Claus was good!!

flhr10
12-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Was greatly surprised to be taken on a blindfolded ride around the back roads to my neighbors where Mrs Claus arranged for a new 2x6 wood fired Leader evaporator w/stainless sides and stack!!!!!! So excited now get a building up.

SadSams
12-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Now thats what I call a good wife. Have fun with it this year.

adk1
12-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Wow what did u do all year to b that good for something like that!

Flat Lander Sugaring
12-25-2012, 05:32 PM
does she have a sister?
congrats make sure she gets a thank you letter

Waynehere
12-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Wow, and all I got was a second shop-vac because my old one is always down at the sap shack......
I am thinking she will be looking for a new Fridge or stove????? :confused:

noreast maple
12-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Now get her boiling with it and sit back and enjoy, lol.

spud
12-28-2012, 06:36 AM
Was greatly surprised to be taken on a blindfolded ride around the back roads to my neighbors where Mrs Claus arranged for a new 2x6 wood fired Leader evaporator w/stainless sides and stack!!!!!! So excited now get a building up.

Hold on my friend. There has got to be a catch. Who in there right mind would allow there wife to blindfold them and take them for a ride down the back roads?:lol: Your **** lucky your not the top story on Nancy Grace.:o Anytime my wife buys me something expensive she then buys something twice as much for herself. If I was you I would sleep with one eye open for a while. I can assure you Christmas is not over yet. Mrs. Clause is up to something.:confused:

P.S. I hope you enjoy your evaporator. That was a very thoughtful gift from your wife. I hope you have a great season.

Spud

Ausable
12-29-2012, 03:25 PM

LOL - What a wonderful gift. I enjoyed reading all the responses you received. But ------ As an old married guy - a little warning - take good care of your Gal. Cause if on the one end She can be so caring and giving - May God help you if She ever really gets mad at you cause I'm sure she can swing off the meter if mad. Hmmmmmm! flhr10 - how about a response from you - just for a well being check. You sure have gotten way to quiet since telling us about your new evaporator. All my kidding aside - have lots of fun and make lots of good maple syrup. -----Mike-----

flhr10
12-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Ok, for all of you wondering, I'm still on the right side of the ground! We went to a local amish fellow a few weeks back to get prices on a evaporator and he had this one in stock which is exactlly what we were looking for. He tried hard to sell it then but we decided to wait till his spring sale. The Mrs went back though without me knowing and actually got it for less than his spring sale price.....must be her long blonde hair...... I want to use it this year but don't know if the weather will allow me to get a building up without wallowing the back yard up during excavation for utilities and getting concretete to the pad. We have about 6" of snow on the ground now and nothing but mud underneath. We already have a 16''x 24" finish pan and plan on using tree saver plastic spiles with bags on 55 trees, quite a few can be doubles and some triples. We have a neighbor that I need to talk to about tapping his woods and if he'll let us, we'll be able to put out around 250, maybe even 300 taps. I used to do this with my ex-father-inlaw. He put out around 2400 buckets and gathered all with horses. He runs a 4'x12' with a inferno wood fired arch and a preheater in the flu pan and hoods on both pans. His average is around 175 gal a yr and most of his trees are soft maple. That'll be my problem, only 2 sugar maples in my woods, the rest are soft. My neighbor probably has a couple dozen sugar maples in his woods. In the end it all tastes pretty dam good!!!!

flhr10
12-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Hello everyone! Hope all had a good Christmas, we did. Been a while since I've been on here, had a busy year with work and also getting my building up for this upcoming season. Lots of pictures but I haven't figured out how to post them. New building is 16x24 with 8ft porch on back and one side. Side porch isn't complete yet but hoping soon between work and weather. Most of electrical work is done, few more outlets to put in and finish wiring for porch lights when porch is done. Evaporator is in and just cut and fitted arch board last night. Now to mortar it in and start on firebrick. We have a water hydrant and a stainless sink/counter combination. Also a fridge for beverages, a stove for cooking and a microwave. We plan on spending a lot of time out there during the season and wife also wants to use it as a summer kitchen, also for canning. Well, gotta run, just thought I'd check in here and give a update. Will work on getting pics on here. Catch ya later.

Flat Lander Sugaring
12-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Hold on my friend. There has got to be a catch. Who in there right mind would allow there wife to blindfold them and take them for a ride down the back roads?:lol: Your **** lucky your not the top story on Nancy Grace.:o Anytime my wife buys me something expensive she then buys something twice as much for herself. If I was you I would sleep with one eye open for a while. I can assure you Christmas is not over yet. Mrs. Clause is up to something.:confused:

P.S. I hope you enjoy your evaporator. That was a very thoughtful gift from your wife. I hope you have a great season.

Spud
mine usually buys her present first then sets the scale on getting mine:lol:

sap retreiver
12-26-2013, 07:16 PM
I'd love to see some pics! Sounds like my dream shack. I've had the wood for a 16x24 timber frame for the last 2 years. between my motivation and others priority list I cant seem to get anything done on it. I'd really like to see your kitchen setup, that sounds like an idea i cant figure out. good luck with it all and thanks for keeping my hopes up, someday she'll give in!