PDA

View Full Version : wind storm

Potters3
12-25-2012, 06:32 AM
We had a little wind storm up here in northern Vermont last Thursday. As of now I lost 10 maples that I had tapped, not sure what is done in the areas I am not tapped yet in. Anyone else have damage ?:confused:

spud
12-25-2012, 11:48 AM
I lost one big tree and then a few little ones. I cut everything off the lines and things are now looking good for tapping in 3-4 weeks. Supposed to get a big snow storm on Thursday night. Their talking 10-16 inches in my area. I sure hope they are wrong about this one. Merry Christmas Everyone.

Spud

farmall h
12-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Just a few branches fell...nothing too serious other than the power was out for 6 hours.

MapleChaser
12-26-2012, 04:33 AM
We lost lost about 2000 feet of our wet/dry line. Some of the 1 inch branch lines are on the ground. The 5/16 is just a mess. With this snow coming we will be pulling a lot of 5/16 backwards under the snow. We did manage to get all of the ladder work done on the wet/dry line. Hopefully the rest will go faster. Living the dream!!!!
MC

vtmapleman
12-26-2012, 04:53 PM
We lucked out with the high winds last week - had very minimal damage. A few small limbs came down but that was all. Looks like a big storm coming tonight - I was able to get all my new lines installed in Nov. so that work is now behind me.

MapleChaser
12-26-2012, 05:52 PM
I was able to get all the wet/dry lines up and side tied. Just one section left will have to dig it out of the snow after the storm. Just before dark I did as much as I could just pulling pipelines up and hooking to anything I could. Now get ready for the storm and plow snow till late friday.

GeneralStark
12-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Nearly 60 mph gusts here that almost blew off a portion of the sugarhouse roof. Lost of small limbs and sticks down but, appears that there was no major damage in the sugarbush. Heading out on skis this afternoon to check. Bring on the snow!