PDA

View Full Version : Big operation

boondocker
12-22-2012, 08:18 PM
For you guys who like to watch youtube videos there is a video on there called "The 3 mile journey of a drop of sap". That is the most impressive video i have watched on a maple sugar operation!!! what a set up they have there, for all i know they may be on here. I think the guy said they are in the 120,000 tap range. I have watched it 3 times today, i love watching these kind of vids. If you guys have some good ones post the title on here. Revi has a good one on there too.

SadSams
12-22-2012, 08:26 PM
I've seen the same video. yes, very cool. I like at the end where it shows the syrup just pouring out of the finish pan.

heus
12-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Justin Turco has an excellent video on YouTube also. Its called, "A Vermont Sugarhouse" by omyajt. I have watched it many times. I also like Revi's and the 3 mile video.

boondocker
12-22-2012, 08:52 PM
The syrup is pouring out of those evaporators in a 2" steady stream! crazy.......

daileytapper
12-23-2012, 11:17 AM
I've seen that video before too. Very neat. I think the color difference in the tanks of sap vs. the tanks of water from the RO machines is neat. Such a crisp blue. Certainly is quite an operation.