PDA

View Full Version : Questions about A Homemade 275 gal oil Tank and pans

Beachburger
12-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Hey there I am very new to maple syrup and just have a few questions about pans/dividers and also the evaporator.

For the pans, It will roughly be 2x4 now I am wondering how I should put the dividers in? Thinkin about puttin four channels in but length ways so the gradient develops. Just wondering on any other ideas out there? what works best? Also what gauge of stainless steel?

For the evaporator i have a fire box that then funnels the air up to the top to the bottom of the pan. I have thermal blanket in right now I was just wondering if i could put patio stones in as fire brick? I wont be moving it as soon as it is set in the shack. Will that be ok? What size do you recommend for the firebox? how close should the bottom of the pan be to the top of the patio stones where the hot air goes up then out the stack. any help would be great thanks

spencer11
12-20-2012, 06:46 PM
you could weld or bend them in if you havent make the pan yet, most pans are make of 22 ga. stainless that i see. not sure about the patio block, usually you can fine fire brick pretty cheap some places, not sure on about the fire box and ramp though