PDA

View Full Version : 6,000,000 lbs syrup ....

Edward Howell
12-20-2012, 12:42 PM
I find math always gives excellent pictures of what must be done to achive an objective :cool:

6,000,000 lbs of syrup / 11 lb for a us gallon / 40 for a stainless barrell = 16,636.36 barrels

I know a few items leave the work place in the lunch box ........ but 16,636 drums of syrup ? :o

About 130 drums in a 53 foot trailer , = 127 truck loads

How do you do that ? I get upset if we loose a pint of syrup :(

Wonder how the person who is in charge of the warehouse is going to explain this one !

And to boot it is reported that it is being sold in the New England area ,

Some body had to know when they paid ........ , the price was wayyy to good ...... but they bougth it any way :evil:

red maples
12-20-2012, 12:49 PM
thats pretty amazing when you lay it out like that.

even if you stole one barrel a day it would still take you over 45 years
2 barrels a day over 22 years
even 5 barrels a day over 5 years
and thats working everyday including sundays and holidays.

even 127 truck loads 1 truck load per day woiuld still be 127 days

OK you right this is fun!!!

OGDENS SUGAR BUSH
12-20-2012, 07:41 PM
pretty hard to believe when you start putting numbers to it?

220 maple
12-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Ed,
There is always a bottom line, since they are not trying to make any effort to get the syrup back from some of the large packers in New England I would guess they will except the money for the syrup from the theives. Seems to me there is easlier ways to sell to the US market?

Mark 220 Maple

Edward Howell
12-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Mark ,

Glad to see u r still kickin :)

So the whole thing is a ( possible ) wink , wink by the canada syrup group to move the product into the states ?

Thad Blaisdell
12-21-2012, 05:24 AM
I believe every ounce of the syrup should have to be destroyed. As it is possible that it is contaminated, how do you trust where it has been after it is handled by thieves?

Ausable
12-21-2012, 06:45 AM
Edward - Please do not do this - with the Federal Government debt, borrowing and spending in the United States.

My poor old heart wouldn't be able to handle seeing it all laid out like this. ------Mike-----

rgmaple
12-21-2012, 07:38 AM
I believe every ounce of the syrup should have to be destroyed. As it is possible that it is contaminated, how do you trust where it has been after it is handled by thieves?

I think you may have a point here. Especially since we all have to register with the FDA now.

Edward Howell
12-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Mike ,
Real sry to hear about your poor old heart , next time I will send a little nitro for your heart before we start another such disscussion :)

CBOYER
12-22-2012, 07:30 PM

Ask to the New England packer that had buy this syrup, he buy it even if he know that is caming from an unauthorized supplier. Do you think he want to destroy it ???
I have read here that some of you have already try to buy syrup there, and have to test a lot of containers before finding some acceptable quality. Now he have in hand some good stuff....

All the syrup that is returned to the Federation in Qc, is sealed right now as an evidence for the trial. After, syrup will be analysed and wether destroy, or process thru filtering and pasteurized in Federatioon plant.