PDA

View Full Version : Jim at Smokey Lake

parsissn
12-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Has anyone heard from Jim at Smokey Lake recently? He and I were discussing a float box but now I haven't got a reply from him in a couple weeks. I'm concerned that maybe something happened because he is normally very responsive. I tried both email and phone. I'm not stressing over the pan, just hope everything is ok with him.

Please let me know if anyone has information.

Thanks,
Mark

jmayerl
12-17-2012, 12:03 PM
He is alive and well. At least he was a few days ago.....;) just send a friendly reminder email. I am sure he is welding 12 hours a day right now.

sugarsand
12-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Just keep trying him, he said he doesn"t keep the phone in the shop so that he can get more work done.

sugarsand

tuckermtn
12-20-2012, 06:05 PM
admittedly I am getting a little nervous- tried a few times to email Jim, and like parsissn mentioned, he is usually quick to get back to you. just sent him a PM on SBI forum since he is on there a little more frequently. He has a deposit from me and is supposed to be making me a new flu pan...

tuckermtn
12-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Just heard back from Jim- sounds like things are full steam ahead...looking forward to seeing his craftsmanship.

sugarsand
12-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Tuckermtn, I had Jim make us a new flue pan last year. It was a custom build to accomidate some upgrades we in mind including a new front pan that Jim should be starting soon. Workmanship and appearence were top notch, you won"t be dissappointed.:D

sugarsand

sutphenj
12-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Couldn't agree more. I got a raised flue set from Jim that is second to none.

Daves Maple Farm
12-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Can hardly wait for my new arch and pans to arrive from Smokey Lake. E-mail Monday were prepareing to ship this week..then the blizzard hit! Hope thier not in middle of a snow drift on the the super slab someplace! Oh...Merry Christmas all...and peace.:)

Sako
01-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Just picked up my new pan from Jim this morning 65x24in combo pan 24in for syrup and the rest 5in drop flues w/float box.
Beautiful job and thanks again Jim.