PDA

View Full Version : cleaning product for fire side of flat pan?

Stamford sugarmaker
12-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Cleaning the bottom of my old 2X4 SS flat pan used to be time consuming but doable. Sometimes I would have to resort to using Waterloo 430/304, but mostly I could get it done with the green scouring pads.

I used my new SS 2X4 flat pan last year (with only about 50% of normal yield) and for various reasons just started cleaning the bottom a few days ago. Man, what a &#$ch! That carbon does not want to come off, even with the Waterloo stuff!

Any ideas on what to use?

thanks, Peter

maple flats
12-14-2012, 04:06 PM
I just use a pressure washer, potable water, no cleaner. Works great. Before I had a pressure washer I just used a hose nozzle with hot water. That worked fairly well too.

RileySugarbush
12-14-2012, 04:12 PM
EZ Off or similar oven cleaners. Rinse well after using

ericjeeper
12-14-2012, 05:16 PM
if it was earlier in the year, I would say set them out on the ground bottom side up and let a dew set on them.. Then power wash.

Stamford sugarmaker
12-14-2012, 07:49 PM
The first thing I tried was bringing it to the local car wash and using their power washer. No good. But I have a feeling the car wash power washer is a lot less powerful than a typical homeowners power washer. I borrowed one from a friend once to do my deck and I would NOT want to spray my truck with it!

So, is that it? Try the EZ off first and then get a homeowners power washer if that doesn't work?