PDA

View Full Version : Mainline saddles for white Lappiere

markcasper
12-14-2012, 12:32 PM
I am putting in new tubing....all Lapierre white mainline, 3/4" to 1 1/4". What saddles would work the best for this?

rchase
12-14-2012, 04:59 PM
lapierre "brandon saddle" is what i use and alot people are switching to these. alot of people still are using the lapierre super saddles.

markcasper
12-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks, I'll check them out.

GeneralStark
12-17-2012, 08:10 AM
I too have been using the Lapierre "Branon" saddle and they seem like a solid design. The straps really tighten well and with some wire ties you can seal the deal.

I have been using the 31/64" version, but I am considering going to the 3/8" version for the future. 31/64" seems like overkill to me, especially on 1" or less pipe.

rchase
12-17-2012, 05:02 PM
I too have been using the Lapierre "Branon" saddle and they seem like a solid design. The straps really tighten well and with some wire ties you can seal the deal.

I have been using the 31/64" version, but I am considering going to the 3/8" version for the future. 31/64" seems like overkill to me, especially on 1" or less pipe.As far as i know the branon saddle is only made in 31/64" because they have that oversized hole in the saddle instead of the small holes in the super saddle with you can get in 3/8"

Homestead Maple
12-17-2012, 08:25 PM
I like the newer style Record Multi fitting with the fixed inlet (less leakage problems). The fitting is basically one piece, except for the gasket. Some of the other main line entrance fittings have too many parts to them, besides the gasket.

unc23win
12-19-2012, 01:05 PM
What is better about Branon saddle? I only have tried the Lapierre Super Saddle and then they have one called Saddle Manifold and Universal Saddle which both have the entrance parallel to the mainline where as the Super Saddle is turn 90'. I like the super saddle except for the big hole it is nice that one saddle fits so many line sizes. I just get mine ready before I go out so I don't have to fumble with the straps in the woods. I like the size of the hole of the Record saddle Leader has but I don't see the need for the the rotating entrance not to mention they are bout twice as much money.

Homestead Maple
12-21-2012, 08:47 PM
I agree that the rotating entrance is not needed and just gives another spot for vacuum leaks, so that is why they're now fixed head entrances. The cost a Bascom's is $2.25 or so. What are you paying for the one's you use?

rchase
12-23-2012, 11:01 AM
lapierre branon saddles are 2.19 at fw webbs.