PDA

View Full Version : Lapierre Releasers

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
12-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Has anyone used the new Lapierre 8inch releasers? They come in single or double I believe. They are similar to the Hobby Releaser I think. Which one would you chose if you were going to do it again? The bush I would put it in would have 130 to 160 taps.

nymapleguy607
12-12-2012, 06:20 AM
I think I would go with a single releaser. I have a full size bernard single and I run 200 taps on it. I have never seen it overwhelmed by incoming sap. Only real advantage of a double is they tend to have more constant vacuum, but the dump time on a single releaser is only a few seconds.

Greenwich Maple Man
12-12-2012, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=ClarkFarmMapleSyrup;196326]Has anyone used the new Lapierre 8inch releasers? They come in single or double I believe. They are similar to the Hobby Releaser I think. Which one would you chose if you were going to do it again? The bush I would put it in would have 130 to 160 taps.[/QUOT

My one releaser is a older modle Lap. Hobby. I run 350 taps on that one and it handles it alright. Would not want more. A single would fit your needs fine. That is just my 2 cents.

delivron
12-13-2012, 08:12 PM
The single releaser 217-M6 is big enough to handle your tap load Rated at 500 Taps. But while the sap is empting there is no vacuum going to the bush. For about $40.00 more there is a continuous vacuum model 217-M6VC. What you are purchasing is a Check Valve in your releaser that allows for continuous vacuum. Definitely worth the cost!

tuckermtn
12-13-2012, 09:55 PM
I ordered the continuous 217-m6VC at the pre season sale last year. Picked it up in July, still in the wrapper. need to figure that rig out soon. going to be on a GAST pump and 145 taps.

philkasza
12-14-2012, 05:31 AM
We got one of those continuous vac. releasers last year- we loved it. When it would release the manifold would still be recieving sap so you want a big enought manifold on it. Also the vac gauge on the manifold held very consistent through the whole process of releasing and opening back up. They are the way to go! We now have a double continous for our bigger bush, cann't wait to try it out this year!!!!!!

Samuel

P.S. When we received it the check valve was installed wrong so we had to switch it around, then it worked perfect!