PDA

View Full Version : who is going and where are you staying

Flat Lander Sugaring
12-11-2012, 07:22 PM
As of tonight Kevin Sargent, Thad, Allgreen and myself are set to go the 4th. Would like to thank 3rd gen for the offering of his spare bedrooms for us to stay in. After the Saturday conference I think we all might go to 3rd's sugar house and do a test fire of his evaporator with his new AOF system. With the knowledge of Kevin and Thad running the operation and me and John firing it, I think we will blow the roof of the shack. If any one else would like to join contact one of us.

adk1
12-12-2012, 08:23 AM
wow, nice..I am going, staying at Microtel on the 4th, and TS hotel on the 5th. Only going to the show on the 5th

Flat Lander Sugaring
12-13-2012, 05:50 PM
wow, nice..I am going, staying at Microtel on the 4th, and TS hotel on the 5th. Only going to the show on the 5th
just checked it out the microtel seems to be a decent place, for 35 bucks a night

sugarman3
12-13-2012, 06:07 PM
You better go to the auction and semnar fri-good info-THURS NIGHT-TS-FRI&SAT-MICROTEL

adk1
12-13-2012, 07:12 PM
I dont think it was $35 a night..$135 maybe

Flat Lander Sugaring
12-13-2012, 07:17 PM
its x4 ADK, but Thad just booked us for another about same. Verona will never be the same hahaha.

adk1
12-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Ahh, that makes more sence..was gonna say, where you staying i nthe lobby?

Thad Blaisdell
12-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Actually $89 per night, 2 nights. At Vernon Downs. With 4 of us staying it is only $22.50 per night plus you get the breakfast in the morning. Sounds cheap to me. Just to mess with Flat Lander I told him I booked a 1 King bed room. He could play monkey in the middle.

maple flats
12-14-2012, 05:05 AM
Don't have too much breakfast before arriving at the show. They have breakfast, includes REAL maple syrup. If anyone is looking for a place to stay, someone can use our spare bedroom, 1 queen size bed, no charge. Send me a PM if interested. I live in Oneida, about 10 minutes from the show.

Flat Lander Sugaring
12-14-2012, 05:31 AM
Don't have too much breakfast before arriving at the show. They have breakfast, includes REAL maple syrup. If anyone is looking far a place to stay, someone can use our spare bedroom, 1 queen size bed, no charge. Send me a PM if interested. I live in Oneida, about 10 minutes from the show.
there you go Thad it will be even more comfy at Maple Flats, I thought John was going to be the monkey in the middle?

Flat Lander Sugaring
12-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Tried to get Randy to come but he isn't able to slip off the ball and chain.

Timberwolf
12-17-2012, 07:28 AM
I will be making the long treck to Verona, looking forward to it as I have never gone before.

Bucket Head
12-17-2012, 11:48 AM
It will be worth the trip. Theres a lot to see and do and seemingly not enough time to do it! You'll be running around there like a kid in a candy store! And then towards the end of the day, you'll be in a corner somewhere sobbing because you'll want to take it all home, but can't fit it all into the car. Lol!

Seriously, there is a lot to take in. Actually, its overwhelming for a small producer attending for the first time. I know after I looked around the first time I thought, "I don't know if I'll ever need whats on display here!". Now after many years of attending, and producing, guess what? And I see in your signature it says "Dreaming Big!". Get a good nights sleep before the show!

Steve

HungryBearFarms
01-02-2013, 06:58 PM
We will be going, Hungry Bear Farms. We will have a table in the vendor area. We sale beekeeping equipment. I know its a maple show, but last time I went there was alot of interest in beekeeping by maple producers. So we figured we would give it a try.

If you want us to bring your order and save on shipping let me know.

See you there. We are staying at Verona Downs.

adk1
01-02-2013, 07:20 PM
I think allot of folks are staying at Vernon Downs.

gmcooper
01-02-2013, 07:33 PM
I will be there again. Had a great time last year and have been planning to come back all year. I think there are a few others from Maine coming this year. I'll be staying at my sons place in Vernon.

adk1
01-02-2013, 08:08 PM
we are staying at Microtel Friday and TS sat

Father & Son
01-03-2013, 05:49 AM
Daryl and I are staying at the Inn at TS on Friday. It is there off site property and closer to the show. My first trip to Verona and can't wait.

Jim

maple flats
01-03-2013, 10:57 AM
That's the closest. From Turning Stone, turn left on Patrick, left on Snyder and left on Beacon Light. The school is on your rt. About 2 miles or less. See you there.

adk1
01-03-2013, 01:13 PM
We are staying at the Microtel, basically across the street from the Inn

Snowy Pass Maple
01-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Driving up tonight - staying at La Quinta and will be at conference tomorrow 8AM. Planning to attend the birch session in particular - bringing some of our stuff to compare to the Cornell production. Also have some of the Alaska stuff, and even bringing a funky batch that illustrates what happens trying to make birch syrup in 70F weather :-)

As someone else said, there are too many great topics in parallel.

I will be wearing jeans, grey 1/4 zip, and glasses. Maybe a green hat. Would be cool to meet some other folks off the site!

-Colin