PDA

View Full Version : Can you hang 2 lines on one mainline wire?

Bruce L
12-07-2012, 05:46 PM
We currently have a 1" mainline running about 800' to another bush of 400 taps,100 along the way so there is around 500 taps on this line.Bruce from Leader suggested we run a dry line and receiver over to this other bush,with a 1" line back to "suck" the sap over to the main receiver from the tank we will be placing at the other bush.My question is do I need to run another mainline wire to support this sap transfer line,or can I tie it under the existing 1" mainline since it will only have sap in it while transferring sap over?
Thanks,Bruce

red maples
12-07-2012, 05:53 PM
maybe but I would think youre going to run into trouble when putting in fittings clamps etc. your dry line should but 4-6" above the wet line. Just my thoughts. I would also think that if both lines are full of sap they are going to pretty heavy on one wire and you my get a dip here or there. just another thought.

spud
12-07-2012, 06:13 PM
We currently have a 1" mainline running about 800' to another bush of 400 taps,100 along the way so there is around 500 taps on this line.Bruce from Leader suggested we run a dry line and receiver over to this other bush,with a 1" line back to "suck" the sap over to the main receiver from the tank we will be placing at the other bush.My question is do I need to run another mainline wire to support this sap transfer line,or can I tie it under the existing 1" mainline since it will only have sap in it while transferring sap over?
Thanks,Bruce

Yes it will work. Your only dealing with one inch pipe so the wire will hold both pipes even if they were both full of sap. People pump sap through 2 inch pipe on just 12.5 gauge wire.

Spud

sapmaple
12-08-2012, 05:43 AM
I agree with spud I have two 3/4 pipes on the same wire with a 1" sap pump line , it sags a little when I'm pumping sap but comes right back up when done pumping

sjdoyon
12-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks,Bruce

See enclosed video, looks like at least three wet lines with the dry line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6imgqqG2H4o