PDA

View Full Version : Not big enough

lfdiaff
11-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Hello maple trader. Forgive me father for I have sinned. It has been almost a year since my last post. Father the lust for maple syrup has over taken me. I desire to build yet a bigger and faster arch and pans. I started out two years ago in a turkey cooker. Moved up last year to a 275 gal oil barrel arch with 2'x4' divided pan. This year I want a 2'x6' new arch and am thinking a smokey lake maple 2'x6' hybrid hobby drop flue. lol. I feel like a meth head. I can not wait till spring. Anybody used one of these pans? What are expected evap rates? Can somebody please explain to me AOF and using a chamber to heat the air. I want to make this as efficient as possible just got 7 more acres of nothing but maples. Plus will have a pretty nice oil barrel arch and pan for sale.

derzuckermann
01-11-2014, 08:13 AM
Did you ever get one of these pans? I bought one too and am looking for others who have one for some practical advice on how to use it!

C&C maple sugar bush
01-11-2014, 05:41 PM
We just ordered the same pan befor Christmas. It sould be done in a week. I have seen the 2 by 4 hybrid pan from smokey lake and they seem really nice. My guess it should do about 35 to 45 gallons a hour. I just started building my arch the other day. It's going to be 7 feet long slowing for a 10 inch chimmy and a 2 inch gap between the pan and the base stack. With a air tight door and a blower going into the back of the arch under the grates. Then putting a good on it with 12 or 16 feet of copper pipe in the good as a pre heater. My hope is to have 45 gallons a hour.