PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Stack Through Wall or Roof

bjff32
11-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Question i was wondering if it matters if you run smoke stake through the roof or through the wall.

Ben

spencer11
11-29-2012, 07:25 PM
the straighter it is the better the draft will be

Murphy's Law
11-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Also if you're going to use class A all-fuel insulated chimney through the wall or roof the cost of thru-the-roof is much cheaper. Remember, the hotter you can keep the interior of the chimney, the better "draw" the chimney will provide.

Bruce L
11-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Bought a 2 x 6 one year,didn't want a hole in the roof so I put an elbow through the wall.Could never get the proper draft until I ran the stack through the roof,then it boiled like it should.

maple flats
12-01-2012, 07:29 AM
straight up is by far the best. If you mush slant slightly to clear an obstruction that is better not moved, you will need to add more stack to make up. Thru the wall is a poor choice.

Ausable
12-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Ben - I agree with the rest - straight up is best. When I first moved into a Sugar Shack from outside - I cut my opening - then realized I located it wrong for my rig. So - no big deal - I'll use Elbows. It worked - But ---------. When we expanded the shack - I learned - The stack is straight up from the arch and the draft is greatly improved. Always learning - Remember - We ain't heating a house - We are boiling Sap - So Hot as possible - without burning the Shack down - LOL - Good Luck, -----Mike-----