PDA

View Full Version : Online Marketing

Amber Gold
11-17-2012, 08:56 PM
We have a Facebook page and a website, and we're looking increase our traffic on these sites. The website does pretty good, but always looking to do better. One thing that hasn't taken off is internet sales on our website, and it's been disappointing. We have a few friends on Facebook, but nothing stellar. That's my wife's thing and I know little about it.

What have you guys done to get stuff going on line? We're looking to increase traffic on both sites, increase our mailing list, and increase online sales. If there's tips you don't want to post, you can send me a PM.

Thanks

delivron
11-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Install Google Analytics know where your lookers are coming from.
Link from and to Your State Producers Association and become a member.
Consider Google Ads pay for click
Link to and From Local Farm producers sites.
Send a press release to local and area news papers and update your site.
Make sure you web site is on the label.
Cross linking is an effective way to increase your business and costs nothing.
Understand how QR codes work and use them on your business card and in your print marketing.

Amber Gold
11-19-2012, 06:21 PM
I have google analytics, although I don't use it like I should.
I'm on my associations website, and highly recommend everyone does this. We get a ton of people from the state association, and it's free.
Anyone have experiance with Google Ads? I've thought about it, but wasn't sure how well it worked.
We have some of this.
We try to do this every maple season, but the newspapers around here only want to do stories if they have something new to report. They don't want to do a story on the same thing as last year. I don't think anyone would notice anyways.
Website is on our label.
What's cross linking?
What are QR codes?

Thanks delivron.

delivron
11-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Cross linking. Having you and other business that have common interests link you websites with references.
So the farmer in town links to your web site as a source for Maple Products and you Link to his site for his Cheese or Vegtables.

QR Codes. Those strange looking symbols that contain all different types of information including a link to your web site:

QR Code (abbreviated from Quick Response Code) is the trademark for a type of matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code) first designed for the automotive industry. More recently, the system has become popular outside the industry due to its fast readability and large storage capacity compared to standard UPC barcodes. The code consists of black modules (square dots) arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded can be made up of four standardized kinds ("modes") of data (numeric, alphanumeric, byte/binary, Kanji), or through supported extensions, virtually any kind of data.[1]

Sapmonster
10-23-2013, 09:49 PM
I was looking at creating a website. I am just out of college don't have a lot of time to boil but have been making other maple products with light syrup bought from other producers. I want to make a website and are looking for advice on good builders/ domains. Also are there any laws I should be aware of? I live in Massachusetts. I know I need to register with USDA.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Aaron
Sapmonster