PDA

View Full Version : why a Hand shake and verbal agreement aren't safe any more

Flat Lander Sugaring
11-15-2012, 06:45 PM
http://rutlandherald.com/article/20121115/NEWS01/711159947

lakeview maple
11-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Thats just crazy,I would bet that someone else came along and wants to tap the property and made a big deal out of what they were doing.Ive had multiple people offer there property to tap for nothing ,or for a little syrup every year which would be the right thing to do anyways.

Bruce L
11-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Sounds like this family friend or relative was looking to make a good buck at the expense of a neighbourly agreement.Maple wouldn't be the only venue affected by this if the case hadn't been tossed,just think of cutting wood on shares,cutting hay for cattle,hunting and so on...............................................

Flat Lander Sugaring
11-16-2012, 04:38 AM
Sounds like this family friend or relative was looking to make a good buck at the expense of a neighbourly agreement.Maple wouldn't be the only venue affected by this if the case hadn't been tossed,just think of cutting wood on shares,cutting hay for cattle,hunting and so on...............................................
yes you hit the nail on the head Bruce.

A little info on the "friend" he spent time in Levenworth.

It can be considered a land mark case for all people who use, borrow land from others for what ever reason with out a lease being signed

Amber Gold
11-16-2012, 06:45 AM
It sounds earily similar to a situation I had. In my backyard, 350 taps all on tubing in a vacant lot, and all on a handshake. A family member got in the middle of it and I lasted there two seasons before they were "logging" the woods...3 years later and all the trees are still there. He said he didn't want anyone making money off of his parents property...still waiting to get rich.