PDA

View Full Version : Flood System for a vaccum punp

NDGraaf
11-14-2012, 09:40 AM
I am looking to convert my mass port major to a flood set up. Does anyone have any experience with this and does anyone have material sheet for the parts required and a drawing how they put it together.

Thanks Nicholas

jasonl6
11-14-2012, 11:53 AM
I'll be doing this soon. I'll try and post some pics, Basically just need to remove the oil pump thing on top and hook your oil lines to a reservoir tank that can also work as your reclaimer.

wiam
11-15-2012, 08:16 PM
From what I have been told, the oil ports on the pump need to be drilled larger. I do not know how big

mrnorthshore
03-13-2013, 09:35 PM
I just converted my masport vacuum pump w/reclaimer over to a flood. All I did is take a 30 lb propane tank and remove the filler valve, put a hose barb to NPT fitting there and drilled 2 holes near the bottom up about 3" up from the bottom. Drilled and threaded them 1/2". Then used 1/2" clear hose and ran a line from one of the bottom fitting of the propane tank to a tranny cooler and then a 1/2" line to the air intake of the vacuum pump, just drilled and threaded a hole in the intake just above the vac pump also put a shut off valve inline to control the flow. The second hole in the propane tank has a feed line to the bearings, my 1/2" line reduces to about 1/8" where it feeds the bearings. I also drilled 2 holes in the side of the tank one at the bottom and one near the top and made a sight tube out of 1/2" clear tubing to see how much oil I have in the tank. This is my first time trying this and just ran it today for about 4 hours and it ran great at 23-24" only problem I found was that it was blowing some oil out the exhaust I will have to mess around with it later. I am not sure if this is the right way to convert to a flood but it works pretty good. Has anyone else done this?? Did I miss anything?

jasonl6
03-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Normally you exhaust feeds into a tank where it collects the spent oil and reclaims it. That reclaimed oil is fed back into the pump. I am doing this with a 20lb propane tank as well. My sp-11 was big enough for this year so i ran it again. Next year i should have the Masport Senior next year.

Jason

mrnorthshore
03-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Mine enters the propane tank after it leaves the oil reclaimer and passes through a oil filter, my propane tank is just for extra oil storage.