PDA

View Full Version : Bascoms in New Hampshire

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
11-01-2012, 07:43 PM
I am excited to say that I will be tagging along with a fellow sugarmaker and friend to Bascoms next friday. We are stopping to pick up jugs at sugarhill too I think. Who has been to Bascoms and how was it? I am excited to see such a large store and operation.

Homestead Maple
11-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Bascom's is definitely one of the larger maple equipment stores you can shop at. There's enough there to see to keep you busy for a few hours, possibly a day even.

spencer11
11-02-2012, 05:33 AM
you could spend hours and hours looking at everything...and drop alot of cash if your not careful lol

sugaringman85
11-02-2012, 05:47 AM
don't bring your wallet...it will be a lot lighter when you leave if you do!

red maples
11-02-2012, 06:50 AM
Like a kid in a candy store. lots and lots and lots of used and new stuff to dream about!!!!

Dill
11-02-2012, 07:27 AM
Expect a long ride on questionable roads, but know the roads are 100% better then they are during sugaring season.
My wife's family just leased the bascom's dairy farm, so now I can just have them pick up supplies, its a win-win for me.
It is a great store and good people who run it, make sure to poke around out back in the used piles you might find some treasures, and if you have anything you want to get rid of they will take in trade.

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
11-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Well all in all it was a great trip. I didnt spend much, but the guy I was with did. He trailered up syrup, exchaged it and we had to get more. It was about 2 hrs of tasting syrup drums and it was alot of bad syrup. We couldnt believe how much syrup there was that was bad or just fermented. We had to taste alot of barrels before he found the right few. I got a tour of their new building by Bruce himself, and we stopped at sugarhill along the way too, and got 7 pallets of jugs. I would go back again anyday.