PDA

View Full Version : Hurican sandy

halladaymaple
10-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Hi everyone

Get out and check for damage after the winds of sandy have subsided and its safe to go into the bush. Chances are good that trees are down across your latteral and mains. Sandy packing big winds.

Be safe
Darrell

maplecrest
10-30-2012, 06:17 AM
already been out. will being taking my chainsaw for a long extended walk

spud
10-30-2012, 06:24 AM
I plan to head up into the woods in an hour or so. It does not seem like we were hit hard way up in northern Vermont. We did have some wind gust last night but not anywhere as bad as the states south of us. I hope everyone made it through and no big damage was done to your property.

Spud

Maplewalnut
10-30-2012, 07:05 AM
Lots of damage here. Only got a couple inches of rain but 50 mph winds and higher gusts for five hours straight did not help.

GeneralStark
10-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Be careful out there everyone. The winds are going to continue through today throughout the NE. Minimal damage here, but I am sure that there are many operations that will be dealing with major blowdowns.

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
10-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Not a bunch of damage here, but just returned from moving logs off lines. A big top of a white pine fell across the path where my 3/4 crosses, luckily I had unhooked it and moved it over some, across the path. It fell and took out a top of a small maple as well, they all managed to land perfectly parallel and ontop of my line. Oh well, A few bucks in fittings and Ill be done. Some other small stuff fell too, but it figures that the trees would fall on my brand new woods and tubing. Got allitlle more fire wood though.

maple flats
10-30-2012, 07:29 PM
I won't be up to look til Saturday. I don't think we had anything major, but time will tell.

red maples
10-31-2012, 01:30 PM
only lost power for a few hours but no internet phone cable just got it back I do have a things hanging up on my main lines and laterals but its not too bad. hope everyone else made out OK

Dill
10-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Well we still don't have power. And the squirrels chewed through fuel lines on my old gas tractor this week. Which should mean a great season right?