PDA

View Full Version : "strive for five" question

PerryFamily
10-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Setting up a few new bushes with tubing. These are smaller bushes 100 to 300 taps. A few of these bushes I would like to set up with intentions of installing vac in the future.
Question: If setting up bush for vac "strive for five " does so few taps per latt actually hurt a gravity set up?

jason grossman
10-21-2012, 07:51 PM
if you plan on doing vac in the future go for 5. if it does hurt the gravity oh well. otherwise you will spend a lot to redo it later. because 10 to 20 on vac doesnt do so well.

Sunday Rock Maple
10-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Unless you have very high tree denisty, you'll have to do a lot of zigging and zagging (and longer lats) to add more taps and that's not good for vacuum. Straight (mostly) and short is best ---not sure if that is the same w/o vacuum.

PerryFamily
10-21-2012, 09:02 PM
That is what I was thinking. I do not want to do things twice. I was not sure how much effect not having vac on a vac designed system would have. If that makes sense.

Thad Blaisdell
10-22-2012, 06:07 AM
Mark out your mainlines with the strive for 5 in mind, then only put in every other mainline for now. Then when you switch to vac it will be quite simple.