PDA

View Full Version : New Husky

SevenCreeksSap
09-22-2012, 08:30 PM
My self reward for 12 days of OT in Plaqemines parish. Getting time to cut some wood around here. now if I can quit straining my back.:cool:

maple flats
09-23-2012, 03:34 PM
The picture is blurred, what model and bar length did you get? I have 2 huskies and really like them. I have a 359/20" bar and a 365/20" & 34" bars. The 34" bar is only used on occassions when I either have a BIG tree to drop or a big log to buck on my sawmill. The big trees I could usually cut with a 20" but the big bar is handier. Bucking big logs on the mill is much easier if I can cut from one side only. That is really why I bought that bar length.

SevenCreeksSap
09-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Picture is blurry isnt it. crappy camera, not shaky hands. Its a 435, with a 16" bar. all I've had until now is poulan because they're cheaper, but I go through one in 3-4 years. Maybe this one will last longer if I take care of it better. definitely an upgrade.

rookie
09-23-2012, 08:22 PM
lol nice saw, but i thought you got yourself a new dog

Russell Lampron
10-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Picture is blurry isnt it. crappy camera, not shaky hands. Its a 435, with a 16" bar. all I've had until now is poulan because they're cheaper, but I go through one in 3-4 years. Maybe this one will last longer if I take care of it better. definitely an upgrade.

Not sure what you had for Poulan's but if they were Poulan Pros there isn't much difference between those and the Husky's. Husky owns Poulan and the Husky is made in the same plant as the Poulan right here in the USA.

Cardigan99
10-04-2012, 08:59 PM
The picture is blurred, what model and bar length did you get? I have 2 huskies and really like them. I have a 359/20" bar and a 365/20" & 34" bars. The 34" bar is only used on occassions when I either have a BIG tree to drop or a big log to buck on my sawmill. The big trees I could usually cut with a 20" but the big bar is handier. Bucking big logs on the mill is much easier if I can cut from one side only. That is really why I bought that bar length.

I've run a Husky 359 with a 20" bar for the last 4 - 5 years. I've got no complaints at all.

Z/MAN
10-04-2012, 09:51 PM
I also bought a HUSKY 435 after my Poulon burned up. First better grade saw I have owned and I am very pleased with it. The difference in the 435 to my Poulon is night and day. I can't imagine what a top of the line saw must be like!

RustyBuckets
10-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Not sure what you had for Poulan's but if they were Poulan Pros there isn't much difference between those and the Husky's. Husky owns Poulan and the Husky is made in the same plant as the Poulan right here in the USA.

Husky saws are NOT currently made at the Poulan plant in the USA nor are they made anywhere other than the plant in Husqvarna Sweden.

motowbrowne
10-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Not sure about that, definitely some retailers listing Husqvarna saws as made in America. Seems to be some conflicting info online. Still nice saws, though. I'll stick to my Stihl for now (still on the lookout for that Dolmar/Makita 7900 though).

eagle lake sugar
10-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Motowbrowne, I recently bought a Makita/Dolmar dcs6421 and just love it. Baileys had it on sale for $599, the comparable Husky was $725. After chucking my 455 rancher for the last time out of frustration, I decided to get a pro saw. The Dolmars are very well made with plenty of power. I've owned Husqvarna, Jonsered and poulan before,(smaller saws), and the Makita is a big step up.

Russell Lampron
10-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Husky saws are NOT currently made at the Poulan plant in the USA nor are they made anywhere other than the plant in Husqvarna Sweden.

Do a little research! I think that you will find that there are a dozen Husqvarna chainsaws from model 235 to 570 that are made in the USA!

Better yet go to any TSC or box store that sells them and look at the ID plates on the saws.

FDA
10-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Do a little research! I think that you will find that there are a dozen Husqvarna chainsaws from model 235 to 570 that are made in the USA!

Better yet go to any TSC or box store that sells them and look at the ID plates on the saws.

Really ??? Are you sure ???? I think you are confusing the words MADE IN with RECONDITIONED OR ASSEMBLED IN... If you find a "new" 235 in a store its not " new " that saw has not been " factory made " in over two years. Box stores are so desperate for big profits they are now selling more and more reconditioned stuff and calling it new, buyer beware.

Russell Lampron
10-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Really ??? Are you sure ???? I think you are confusing the words MADE IN with RECONDITIONED OR ASSEMBLED IN... If you find a "new" 235 in a store its not " new " that saw has not been " factory made " in over two years. Box stores are so desperate for big profits they are now selling more and more reconditioned stuff and calling it new, buyer beware.

The ones that I have actually seen say Made In The USA on them not Refurbished, Rebuilt or Assembled. My Jonsered which is also a company owned by Husqvarna also says Made In The USA on the tag. The Jonsered looks like a red and black Poulan Pro saw too. The clutch covers, anti vibe springs and brake handles are basically the same for all 3 saw lines too.

western mainer
10-07-2012, 06:27 AM
http://www.chainsaw.com/shop/american-made?brand_search[]=1&subcategory_search[]=0&user_type_search[]=0&use_type_search[]=0&origin_search[]=11

Brian

boondocker
10-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Well either way..... I have 353XP and by far the best saw i have ever owned. 18" bar and it rev's to the moon. My dad as a 55 rancher and other than its a little on the heavy side it is a nice tree dropper!

mvh1969
10-09-2012, 05:31 AM
I just recently upgraded my 350 with an 18" bar & 359 with a 20" bar, to a 346XP with an 18" bar & a 562XP with a 20" bar, I also have no complaints with this product line. It has served me well for many years.

Springfield Acer
03-23-2013, 09:35 PM
I have been on the fence about buying a new saw but my El Cheapo Poulan crapped out today after 10 years and I got to run my neighbor's Stihl MS 261. This is the first upper shelf saw I have ever run so I am not comparing apples to apples but holy cow what a cutter. I ended up finishing the day with my dad's little 14" Husky but if I got the chance to use the Stihl, I did. We cut for eight hours and finished off a huge uprooted 42" white oak despite the Stihl only having an 18" bar. With no other experience with better saws this one impressed me. I had always leaned toward the Husky because my dad's smaller saws run good but I think I may just very well buy the Stihl MS 261. The only issue that I saw was that my neighbor had issues with the chain becoming jammed with wood or chips for some reason.
I know this is dangerous to ask but, any thoughts?

maple flats
03-24-2013, 06:33 AM
Stihl and Husky are both good quality saws. I use all Huskies because I didn't like the dealer with the Stihl brand. After getting into Huskies (I have 2, a 359 -20" and a 365-20" and 34" bars) my dealer that I like also started carrying Stihl but I haven't changed. I also had a Husky 350-18" bar but I traded it to my dealer when I bought the 365. He only had to put a new muffler on and sold it as used soon after.
For max life, just use non ethanol gas and top quality mixing oil. Keep the chain sharp, never force a dull chain, and resharpen or change as soon as you detect poor cutting (when the chips get smaller it's time to change or sharpen). A good sharp chain can go south in one cut if it contacts dirt, rock or even rotten wood.

Diesel Pro
03-24-2013, 07:11 AM
I have 4 Husqy's. Spell it that way and no confusion with the dog.

The 2 series Husqy's are Poulan crap. The 4's are much better.

My Husqy saws:

345-16 (homeowner saw kept at cabin)
346XP-18 Awesome light saw
359-20 wood eater
372XP-24 wood shredder

Russell Lampron
03-24-2013, 07:34 AM
For max life, just use non ethanol gas and top quality mixing oil. Keep the chain sharp, never force a dull chain, and resharpen or change as soon as you detect poor cutting (when the chips get smaller it's time to change or sharpen). A good sharp chain can go south in one cut if it contacts dirt, rock or even rotten wood.

Non ethanol fuel isn't available here so I use Stihl Ultra oil and never let the fuel sit for more than 2 months. I use it up too fast for that to happen anyway. A sharp chain is the best mod that you can do for any saw! A stock saw with a sharp chain will out cut a ported saw with a dull chain any day.

heus
03-24-2013, 07:39 AM
My 455 Rancher says "Made in Sweden" and I bought it at Lowes. But that was 5-6 years ago.