PDA

View Full Version : Anybody home?

Salmoneye
12-22-2003, 11:37 AM
Hi guys...

The rumours of my untimely demise have been greatly exagerated...
Now that duck season closed, I can get back to the important stuff...Like Sappin ;)

So...Who has a 2x3 drop flue back pan for me?

Anyone have any idea where I can get one made (other than Leader etc...)...Anyone want to fix the tin one I have?...It needs all the flues cut off and replaced...I suck with a soldering copper and I don't have a brake to bend the tin anyway...

I NEED A PAN DANGIT!!!

mapleman3
12-22-2003, 02:12 PM
Hey Salmoneye welcome back... how was duck season???

there are sheet metal shops down his way, too far for you prolly, Bascoms doesn't have something??

better get moving, the season is just around the corner :P

mapleman9000
12-22-2003, 02:18 PM
Amish tinsmiths are very good at that because of experience. I do not know where you live, but i'm sure you could find one near you. They are cheap and tax free. They may even be able to fix your old one.

Salmoneye
12-22-2003, 03:37 PM
Thanks!...Both are very good suggestions...We do have a couple good tin-knockers around here, but they are not cheap...Certainly no Amish this far north LOL...They are too smart for that...We have already had 4 feet of snow, and that was all before the official start of winter...

As for the Ducks, it was a pretty good season for me...I have never been one to count my season by the number of ducks, and almost never have shot a 'limit' in one day...

I did end up with probably around 20 ducks, a couple mergansers and a few geese for the season...Not bad for having taken off a decade or so...I also experimented with a couple new techniques such as kayak sneaking and pseudo-layout boating for divers...Had a blast...

As for timing, that is why I am looking now...I have at least 10 weeks before panic mode sets in...The sap pan and expanding another 100 taps on pipe is all I have to do...Wood is all done (but not in the yard yet)...Shack is all set...Tractor is happy...I have pumps, holding capacity, blah, blah, blah...If I can get to 250 taps and actually sell some this year I will be in Happy-Land...Heck...I still have 6 gallons left from last year LOL...Then next year I want 500 taps and a bigger shack and rig, and then the year after that...

Parker
12-25-2003, 05:10 PM
Try Foot Stetson in Newport N.H., he did some great work on a buddy of mines pans and was reasonable. I would imagine he is in the book.

GOOD LUCK, Parker

mwarren
12-26-2003, 08:27 PM
Try Metalworks on Flynn Ave. In Burlington. I had them Tig weld an aluminum frame on a motorcycle for me and charged next to nothing. Its close and worth a try.

Mike

Salmoneye
12-28-2003, 12:20 PM
Thanks for both suggestions!

I am waiting for Monday AM before I get into this...

Now...You wouldn't happen to know of a running 350 short block in the area?

LOL