PDA

View Full Version : 5 years!!!!!

maplefrank
09-15-2012, 04:55 PM
today is my, our 5 anniversary......Does taking your wife and 3 year old to Mcdonalds count for dinner?????

Daves Maple Farm
09-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Congrats..and it only counts if you get meal to go and eat in the sugar house!...lol

sugarsand
09-15-2012, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=maplefrank;193374]today is my, our 5 anniversary......Does taking your wife and 3 year old to Mcdonalds count for dinner??
Maplefrank, I"ve been married fourty big ones, I don"t feel enough to try that YET!

sugarsand

maplefrank
09-15-2012, 08:53 PM
we had take out from Stefanos pizza for supper......and no sugar sand, we didnt eat in the sugarhouse, not much room when the trees are not tapped...........

red maples
09-16-2012, 04:43 AM
hey what ever works....from experience find a babysitter and take her out to a nice restaurant or even Mcd's as long as you can have some quite time without the kids around. been with the wife 22yrs married 12 yrs. kids are 10 and 6 We love 'em but you still need to get out sometimes!!!

sugarsand
09-16-2012, 06:17 AM
Red Maples, I agree about needing quiet time together, but when the kids are grown up and moved out you have more of that quiet time than you need. Then come the Grand kids, it doesn"t get any better than that(you can send em home).:emb:

sugarsand

maple flats
09-16-2012, 06:59 AM
Congratulations on 5 and many more.
We will celebrate #45 next month, and it keeps getting better! Now that the kids have moved out, and the grand kids are here almost daily, we do go out a little more, but we have now graduated from Mc'D's and actually have a great favorite restaurant.

Clarkfield Farms
11-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Yay you! Congrats on 5! Us "old" guys with more than that (pushing 30, myself, next August!) couldn't have hit these years without having our own "5th" along the way, so yes it's a big deal WHEREVER you spend it! Kids - blink three times, somehow they're older than you... Life's cycle -- is it a unicycle, bicycle or trike?!?!?! Either way, it's going too fast but I still am not ready to get off just yet. ;) Enjoy the ride! Especially when you've got someone to ride alongside you.

Clarkfield Farms
11-20-2012, 09:13 AM
P.S. - Dave, any chance of sharing your favorite restaurant find? I've loved The Buffalo Head in Forestport since they opened when I was 5 or 6 years old. Some not-so-great changes in ownership over the years but we figured (rightly) just bumps in the road. It's always been about the memories with family more than the food, anyhow.

So, maplefrank, whether it's McD's or the Ritz or anything in-between, doesn't matter as long as you make it "yours."

Clarkfield Farms
11-20-2012, 09:15 AM
oh... holey moley, I didn't even pay attention to how old this thread was until just now...not sure if "oops" even cuts it! Oh well, Happy Anniversary all the same, two months too late!

maple flats
11-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Sure will Tim. Our favorite by far is Grande's in Westmoreland.

Restaurants:

Holland Patent Grandes Pizzeria Restaurant
9557 Main St.
Holland Patent, NY 13354
315-865-5900

Rome Grandes Pizzeria Restaurant
1111 Floyd Ave.
Rome, NY 13440
315-337-8888
Fax: 315-337-8889

Sauquoit Grandes Pizzeria Restaurant
9527 Pinnacle Road
Sauquoit, NY 13456
315-737-1400
Fax: 315-737-5410

Westmoreland Grandes Pizzeria Restaurant
Route 233
Westmoreland, NY 13490
315-859-1999

We especially like their Chicken Parm. The first time I found them, I was on a field trip at Holland Patent, NY. I went for supper and ordered the chicken parm and a small antipasto. The Chicken parm was only $7.25 so I figured it was only a normal portion, thus the anitpasto. They served the salad, it was a small, in a bowl about 12" diameter, piled high and excellent. While I waited on the parm I ate about 1/3 of the salad. Then they brought the chicken Parm. This was also on a large platter/bowl. Oval, about 8" x 12", lots of Zitti, topped with 2 chicken, and some of the best sauce using their own family recipe. All in all I ate about 1/3 of everything and brought the bal of the chicken parm home. That meal cost me about $13 total. Since then Joan and I found the Westmoreland one to be just as good and far closer. The price has risen to $7.95 for the chicken Parm and I think about $6 for the same salad. We often call 1/2 hr ahead and order 1 of each. They split the orders between 2 plates, plus the salad in center table. We eat our fill of each and bring the rest home for the next day.
Adam and I stopped once in Holland Patent on our way home from a sawing job in Forestport and got the same meal. Adam liked it so much he got his family to go there the very next day to dine. That trip was about 50 miles +/- and worth every mile.
We have tried several of their menu items and liked them all but we keep going back for the chicken Parm.
(no, I don't have a financial interest in Grande's)