PDA

View Full Version : New York State Fair Results

Bruce L
09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
My better half and I recently attended the State Fair in Syracuse,got to the syrup section of a building,lots of entries in the syrup competition,maybe too many for the display area.If anyone on here enters or knows someone that enters,runs the show,they should perhaps suggest a larger area to display the winning entries.Also,I noticed a couple of names I recognized from here,but my wife and I both thought an address should be included on the entry tag.If I were a customer wanting to buy syrup from a camp that won first prize,it would be nice to know where to look/google that camp about a purchase.

Tentman
09-05-2012, 07:46 PM
I have to agree with you on the dispal case. It was almost impossible to see the name of the winners. People were bending down, looking from the side, trying to stretch and figure out the names. A chart with the winners names would have helped. That being said, the maple milk shakes were great and on the second day visit the ice cream cone hit the spot. Thank you to all the Maple Syrup providers in New York who work so hard and show those Vermonters just who really are the Kinks :] Let the fun begin.