PDA

View Full Version : Auto draw off mystery

PerryFamily
08-27-2012, 08:01 PM
hello all.
When I bought my setup it came with three auto draw off valves. I believe the brand is "charette" or something like that. It is a long vertical aluminum tube with a solenoid of some type that runs off a 6 volt battery. They look like they are older than dirt. Anyone know anything about them? It appears they operate off temperature only. I would like to see them disappear if anyone is interested. I would post pictures but I am not that computer savvy.

Thanks in advance

Marcland
12-22-2012, 01:50 PM
hello all.
When I bought my setup it came with three auto draw off valves. I believe the brand is "charette" or something like that. It is a long vertical aluminum tube with a solenoid of some type that runs off a 6 volt battery. They look like they are older than dirt. Anyone know anything about them? It appears they operate off temperature only. I would like to see them disappear if anyone is interested. I would post pictures but I am not that computer savvy.

Thanks in advance these OLD draw off units are Quebec made CHOLETTE. They are 6 and 12 vdc valves. The temperature contoller is a"filled" bulb probe where temperature causes the fill to expand and moves contacts together to open and close the valve. The biggest problem is that the temperature probe leaks and then won't work.
BUT the valves are still good and can be used with modern draw offs using a 120vac/12vdc adapter. This will save you the cost of buying a brand new draw valve when you aquire a draw off. If you need any help to save some money and still find a use for your OBSOLETE CHOLETTE....call MARCLAND'S Bob Crooks.