PDA

View Full Version : Jasper's Sugar Bush?

SeanD
08-06-2012, 11:32 AM
I can't find these folks on the Trader - at least under this name, so if anyone knows them pass along this interesting story:

I was recently in Westcliffe, Colorado and happened to be in a knick-knack shop when I came across a little .25L Michigan syrup container with their sugarhouse name on it. I thought it was pretty wild how far their syrup traveled and decided to extend its journey by bringing it back to Massachusetts. Unfortunately for me, it's empty, but I guess the original customers liked it.

Anyway, it made me wonder where our syrup sometimes ends up. Pass this along if you know them. They are in Carney.

Sean

DonMcJr
08-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Cool Story! They are in Michigan's Upper Peninsula...

Here's their website: http://www.jaspermaple.com/

Mark
08-12-2012, 09:25 AM
I had someone I know real well ask me why I was selling over priced syrup in a truck stop in North Dakota. He came across some cabin tins that I did many years ago. I had only bottled a half a case and quit because I found that they leaked around the neck. How they got there I have no idea. What I was worried about was that after years someone would buy them and then I would get a call about spoiled syrup.

I bet a lot of syrup is purchased and resold that I did not know about. Also what would keep someone from having stickers made with my name on it, that is why I went to custom printed jugs.

www.danielsonssugarbush.com