PDA

View Full Version : maple syrup tasting school?

tuckermtn
07-15-2012, 05:42 PM
I have heard of this school, but when I google it, I don't get anything. Does anyone know more about it?

thanks-

Eric

spud
07-15-2012, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE=tuckermtn;191876]I have heard of this school, but when I google it, I don't get anything. Does anyone know more about it?

thanks-

Eric

I have never heard of it but I have a sweet tooth and I want in.:lol:

Spud

maplecrest
07-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Go to university of Maine ,agriculture web site. Info there. They just did one in Michigan last week

tuckermtn
07-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Jeff- perfect- got it.

-thanks-

Eric

delivron
07-16-2012, 05:55 AM
International Maple Grading SchoolWeb Site:http://umaine.edu/maple-grading-school/ At the bottom of the page

October 26 - 27, 2012
Friday and Saturday following NAMSI

Brooklyn, CT
Windham County Extension Center

The International Maple Grading School is for maple producers, bulk syrup buyers, state inspectors and others needing to accurately grade maple syrup or judge maple product entries at fairs and contests. Quality control issues are also addressed. This school will provide a strong scientific base combined with intensive hands-on exercises. This approach will enable participants to learn how to grade or judge maple products with confidence.

The registration fee of $135 per person includes refreshments, lunches, reference materials and a take home maple grading kit. For further information contact Kathy Hopkins, Phone 207-474-9622, 207-474-0374 or email: khopkins@maine.edu

The International Maple Grading School is sponsored by the International Maple Syrup Institute, University of Maine Cooperative Extension, and the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets.

red maples
07-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Eric, I think I saw something about grading schools on the assoc website or something like that maybe the gathering tank??? I know they talked about possible having them here in NH some time soon. which I would like to go to. if you see any in your search let me know...especially with the new grading system coming out I would like to attend one that has will teach on the upcoming changes to the system as well.