PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking to install tubing this summer?

Little Maple
06-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Looking for work installing tubing. Thanks

maple flats
06-29-2012, 04:47 AM
I'm adding about 3800' of 1" mains off my wet/dry conductors, during August. A visit to Central NY might be enjoyable, but I'll bet someone closer is also adding.
Working, hands on is a great learning tool but if you can't find anyone closer, and don't want to come all the way to Oneida, NY, watch as many u-tube videos as you can find. Be careful though, lots of u-tube videos are outright incorrect, others while not the best just show differing ideas and methods. Realize that there are no expertise requirements to post to u-tube.

Little Maple
06-29-2012, 08:56 AM
If you need any help let us know. I have had my own sugaring operation for about 10 years and have about 8000 taps. Two years ago I started my own business installing pipe line for other sugar makers. Just wanted to put the word out there if anyone is in need of a woods set up we are looking for work. Thank you for your reply.

maple flats
06-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks, no help needed. I have installed all mine to date, have attended numerous seminars about it, given by Leader, Glen Goodrich, Steve Childs (Cornell) and a couple others. For labor help I hire 2 grandsons, both in college and need the money.

Bobo's Mountain
07-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi there. I'm wondering what you charge per tap to install lines. Or if you don't charge per tap, what your payment structure is. We are looking for help installing lines probably around late Aug-Sept.
Thanks!

Little Maple
07-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Hi,
We charge between $4-5 dollars a tap for labor. Where are you located and how many taps are you looking to get setup. Thanks
Dan