PDA

View Full Version : Liability Insurance?

Clifftop1
06-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Does anyone have liability insurance? I require it for doing a large trade show in Canada and wondering who your carrier is. Also how much did it cost you?

Thanks.

Bucket Head
06-15-2012, 10:24 PM
I have no idea if our requirements and rates in the states compare to what you have there, so it might not be much of a comparison, but I can tell you about a qoute from about eight months ago. For just product liability on the syrup- nothing for equipment, sugarhouse, tubing, tree's, tractors, tanks, etc.- just for the sale of the syrup, the qoute was $550 per year. That was the minimum. How does this compare to what everyone else pays? Is this close to what other companies offer? Just curious.

concord maple
08-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Looking for insurance companies that provide product liability coverage and equipment coverage. Would this coverage only be available as a farm policy?

maple flats
08-05-2012, 02:57 PM
I insure thru Farm Family Insurance, as a farm. My $1,000,000 liability coverage covers maple, u-pick blueberries, equipment, fire, chemical spills, highway liability for farm tractors and equipment and other things all on one policy. The cost for that part is under $400 but it is a small portion of the total policy. My policy covers my homeowners, fire on 4 rental units, 3 vehicles etc. My cost likely will not be what yours would be.
I have had coverage for over 25 years and would not dare be without it. Even if you only sell syrup, what would you do if someone got sick or died and you were sued saying your syrup caused it? Whether it did or didn't you'd be cleaned out defending yourself. I've never needed it but I want a good lawyer in my corner if I get sued. That is what insurance pays far if needed.
After you have the insurance your certificates of insurance, proving you are covered and showing the show's sponsor as also insured if no extra cost. Each new show I do I just call my agent and they issue the certificate specific to that show. You could do a new one every day and the cost does not change. The peace of mind is good too!