PDA

View Full Version : The ''Chinook'' - The new High-performance wood arch from CDL.

sam1234
05-21-2012, 06:02 AM
CDL announced their new energy efficient wood evaporator at the open house in St-Lazare this week-end.
This arch is basically an upgraded version of the original Intens'o'fire. The main upgrades are automated combustion controls and preheated air injected in the chamber to allow wider range of gasification. The producer just have to set the desired rate of boiling (from 3 gal/sq.ft/hour up to 4 gal/sq.ft/hour) and let the evaporator do the job.

The facts are :
0.28 cord of 2ft hard wood to produce a 32 gal drum at 15 brix (at 3 gal/sqft/hour boiling rate).
Low stack temperature that will keep the chimney like new and prove the efficiency of the arch.
No sparks
Makes a clean combustion - no smoke, even at loading!!
Boils all the way to the back of the flue pan.

Gotta see it!
Contact your nearest CDL dealer for more info!

RustyBuckets
05-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Ahhh yeah we get it already how many times you going to say this?

sirsapsalot
05-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Must not be such a HOT seller if the plant manager is on Maple Trader all day long.

sam1234
05-21-2012, 04:07 PM
sirsapsalot, when you work at 7h00 am on a holiday (because, FYI, it is in canada today, it explains why you are the best...
Must not be such a HOT seller if the plant manager is on Maple Trader all day long.

Thad Blaisdell
05-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Now dont get me wrong I like some CDL products, and dont like some others.... but "best", sounds like you are a legend in your own mind.

sam1234
05-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Anyways, I didn't mean to hurt anybody, I just wanted to let all the maple producer that something new is available.
Thad, you are right, I do not pretend that CDL is the best, but we work hard to make the best products.... this is what I meant... Sorry.

motowbrowne
05-21-2012, 08:38 PM
I have read the mapletrader rules for using this forum, and personally I would like to advocate for the addition of a rule banning outright endorsement of one's own employer or business. This is getting ridiculous. It is one thing to start a thread and inform people of what is now available. It is another thing to dig up old threads and add the same info about your new product again, and again, and again. Personally, I think that it looks really tacky for CDL to have someone touting their products 24/7. I am thinking about a new gassifier arch, and I must admit the CDL is one that I am looking at. However, I would prefer to do business with a company who feels that their product speaks for itself, or who has enough happy customers to speak for it. Having the plant manager online boasting is really, really tacky. I hope that you are doing this of your own free will, and that this is not your employer's initiative, although, since you claim to get nothing from this, that is becoming harder to believe. If you are doing this of your own free will, please give us a break. We ALL now know that CDL has a new wood-efficient arch available.

Maplewalnut
05-22-2012, 06:24 AM
I personally have no problem with it as long as someone isn't promoting every new fitting they have. I did not know about the new arch prior to the post and did not attend any open houses this year. Sam seems like a good resource to ask questions instead of calling Canada.

Jeff E
05-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Is the Chinook an entire system, meaning special arch, and pan set? Or can you put a traditional pan set on the new arch and get good results?

By the way, glad you posted the info. Thats what I am on here for, getting info and news from the industry and experts. Love my CDL RO!

jmayerl
05-22-2012, 12:22 PM
I have read the mapletrader rules for using this forum, and personally I would like to advocate for the addition of a rule banning outright endorsement of one's own employer or business. This is getting ridiculous. It is one thing to start a thread and inform people of what is now available. It is another thing to dig up old threads and add the same info about your new product again, and again, and again. Personally, I think that it looks really tacky for CDL to have someone touting their products 24/7. I am thinking about a new gassifier arch, and I must admit the CDL is one that I am looking at. However, I would prefer to do business with a company who feels that their product speaks for itself, or who has enough happy customers to speak for it. Having the plant manager online boasting is really, really tacky. I hope that you are doing this of your own free will, and that this is not your employer's initiative, although, since you claim to get nothing from this, that is becoming harder to believe. If you are doing this of your own free will, please give us a break. We ALL now know that CDL has a new wood-efficient arch available.
So you would rather just see all the same questions asked over and over again by people that are to lazy to use the search function, than see new info about new products. I for one would much rather hear about new improvements right from the horses mouth than from a dealer that has only seen a brochure. Until yesterday I had not heard about this new arch, and apparently neither has my dealer since he just gave us prices on a intenso and never mentioned a chinook.

Remember we are each our own business so maybe we should stop sharing info and touting our homemade improvements.....................wait, that's exactly what these forums are for!

sam1234
05-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi all,

I am glad to see that some customers are happy to know that something new is available.

The goal for all manufacturers is to make the producer's life easier and offer the best possible tools to achieve their work.
So they must know it exists! Our Wisconsin dealer saw the Chinook for the first time Sunday in St-Lazare so they didn't even know it was there.
Now they do.

I will not keep posting any info on this thread, but feel free to PM me for more info and I will be more than happy to let you know more about it.

motowbrowne
05-22-2012, 04:34 PM
I apologize for my earlier post. I guess I had just been reading several posts that all of the sudden became "CDL has a new high-efficiency wood evaporator" posts. Perhaps I should have used one of those threads for my complaints. After all, I am not opposed to learning about the new products released by the big companies, and a thread dedicated to the topic makes perfect sense, as long as the posts do not become ads. Personally, as to whether I would rather see info about new products or have the same questions asked over and over again, I'm not sure that I follow how those things are related. I would prefer people to use the search function. I would also like if new releases from equipment manufacturers were discussed in the appropriate manner. Actually, what I would really, really like is if the equipment manufacturers posted the info on their website. If I was planning on purchasing a new evaporator, I would certainly check all of the equip. makers websites, where it would be great if CDL, for example, had any info on their new products, i.e. Chinook, which they often don't. I find that there could be a lot more information online, like evaporation rates for different size models, the key features that make the equipment unique, where I can go to see one, and god forbid, an MSRP. Instead we are resigned to rely on dealers for details, I suppose if you have a good dealer to work with and are planning on buying new, then maybe it's not a problem, just my experience. I feel that I overreacted, and I apologize, I am glad that the info on this thread has been useful to some members here, I just wish to avoid this site being stocked with dealers advertising their often costly solutions to every problem.

Randy Brutkoski
05-22-2012, 05:07 PM
For a few days i thought cdl took over this site from the maple guys. Why look at a cdl catologue when you can just jump onto the CDL Trader. just saying

jmayerl
05-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Motow, I totally agree! Why is it so hard to find information on evaporators. If they would put those few simple things on web sites it would be much easier. Oh and make the site easy to find. 50k for an evaporator and you think you could look at one online before you order it.

Greenwich Maple Man
05-23-2012, 05:29 AM
For a few days i thought cdl took over this site from the maple guys. Why look at a cdl catologue when you can just jump onto the CDL Trader. just saying

It would be great if we could all talk direct through Mapletrader to head people within the leading supply companys. We would all get first hand answers and not through the grapevine talk. I don't understand why some of you guys are reacting this way. This sight is to learn and discover new things for our businesses. We all buy from these companys so why not talk to them direct on here? If you don't want to read the thread then don't open it !

RustyBuckets
05-23-2012, 09:19 AM
Its one thing to start a thread and talk about a new piece of equipment, its a whole different one when you rob a bunch of threads and keep posting about your new evaporator. You want to talk about it start a thread dont run around robbing every thread about everyone elses evaporator. Pretty simple concept I would thing and a much less tachy approach to getting your equipment out there.

Brent
05-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Maybe the solution would be to create a "Manufacturer's Section" and reps could take questions and answer them there. I think it would be great to
see the issues that other members bring up and what the responses are.

If they were is Manufacture or Trade-Mark specific sections it would be very easy for nay sayers just to aviod going there and not feel they were being pressured by a sales pitch.

On the other hand, you've got to appreciate they way the hosts and sponsors of this site handle it. The Maple Guys have one single link at the top to thier business site. Well done Guys.

motowbrowne
05-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Brent, I agree, a manufacturers section would be fantastic. I would love to be able to communicate with these guys in a way that was not a sales pitch, be able to ask questions about new products etc. I was just worried about Mapletrader turning into that. A dedicated section sounds like a perfect solution. And I agree again, about the way that the Mapleguys handle themselves. I greatly appreciate the lack of advertising (from them or other on-screen ads) and would like to thank them for that. If they were in my area I would gladly give them my business.

Albert gravlin
05-25-2012, 07:31 PM
I don't understand why cdl did not put anything on their website about the new evaporator because I looked several times. I have purchased a new force five. I was in Vermont for the open house weekend and would have stopped to look at it but I had no idea. And why would cdl not have one there? Are the American consumers not as important? I understand they have to pick a point to unveil their new products but I nought that was one of the reasons fo the open houses. Just some food for thought.

doocat
05-26-2012, 07:41 AM
They actually had one at the shop during the open house. It was inside and the door was tack welded shut. I asked why and they said that they did not want the competition in it. The intense-o-fire was outside boiling.

rchase
05-26-2012, 12:47 PM
doesnt lapierre already have a gasifier?

sam1234
05-27-2012, 06:03 AM
I don't understand why cdl did not put anything on their website about the new evaporator because I looked several times. I have purchased a new force five. I was in Vermont for the open house weekend and would have stopped to look at it but I had no idea. And why would cdl not have one there? Are the American consumers not as important? I understand they have to pick a point to unveil their new products but I nought that was one of the reasons fo the open houses. Just some food for thought.

Hi Albert,

We are sorry that you were not aware to see the Chinook in operation during the Open House week-end in Vermont. The American Consumers are very important but the ''Chinook'' wasn't ready to boil at the Open House in Vermont. We decided to announce it while we were making the final touch at the factory to be ready to show it at the Canadian Open House.

With that said : This rig is very very new. There will also be minor improvements before making the final design for production. As soon as everything will be fixed, we will have something on our Website.

Flat Lander Sugaring
05-27-2012, 07:23 AM
doesnt lapierre already have a gasifier?

Lap Force 5 and Leader Vortec are both gasification rigs as far as I know

Amber Gold
05-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Chumlee, the Force 5 is a gasification evap. while the Vortex is just basically a different version of the AOF rigs.

Flat Lander Sugaring
05-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Chumlee, the Force 5 is a gasification evap. while the Vortex is just basically a different version of the AOF rigs.
thanks, yea i know the force5 is I didnt make myself clear on original post, I thought the vortex was leaders gasF rig, not sure abouth the intense o fire.