PDA

View Full Version : Lapierre Hobby Releaser

syrupkid
05-13-2012, 04:13 PM
At my dealer's open house on Saturday he had a Lapierre hobby releaser, it looked very nice and the price was $589. I wsa wondering if any of you had any experience with a Lapierre hobby releaser and if you think its worth the money. Feedback will be geatly appreciated!

Dennis H.
05-13-2012, 05:45 PM
I have last years model and have had no issues with it.
I am ordering another and have been told that they have once again done some upgrades to it.

So until I get my hands on the new one I can't tell what has been changed.

Greenwich Maple Man
05-14-2012, 05:36 AM
At my dealer's open house on Saturday he had a Lapierre hobby releaser, it looked very nice and the price was $589. I wsa wondering if any of you had any experience with a Lapierre hobby releaser and if you think its worth the money. Feedback will be geatly appreciated!

New or used ? I have one for a small bush and it works very well. Two years old. Wouldn't want much more than 300 taps on it if the trees are good runners.

tuckermtn
05-14-2012, 06:37 PM
fool me once, shame on you-
fool me twice, shame on me-
fool me three times and I guess I am a maplehaulic-

after owning the 1st generation and 2nd generation of the hobby (which were taken back both times by the dealer) I just ordered a 3rd generation Continuous Vac version of the hobby releaser. This will go on a 135 tap bush with a GAST pump. I got 500 gallons all season last year on this bush with no vacuum. hoping for much better next season...

Maplewalnut
05-15-2012, 06:38 AM
Eric- are you going to use it stock or modify? Anyone know what the changes made are in 3rd gen? They are absolutely appealing in price and size for small bushes but I can't imagine trying to baby sit it if its not near the sugarhouse.

Mike

Dennis H.
05-15-2012, 07:50 AM
For what I could tell is it is just like it's big brothers.
but this is what I could tell from the current catalog.

tuckermtn
05-15-2012, 12:02 PM
I plan on using it stock. Valving on the top of main chamber looks very similar to big brother. Saw one running at open house last month.

adk1
05-15-2012, 12:39 PM
what else do you need to have if you get this releaser. what is everyone using for their vac?

red maples
05-15-2012, 01:43 PM
I don't have many problems with mine. Its not made for HIGH vac meaning over 23" If mine goes over 24-25" I start to run into problems. the float is just not heavy enough to release itself from the vacuum to re pressurize the main tank. So what happens is the sap will back up in the manifold and into the moisture trap and shut things down. I have a nice tight system and can hit 26-27" usually later in the season and I have to dial the pump back because if I don't it will stick like crazy!!! I have tried adding weights but then it will just keep the float from rising to depressurize the main tank and the whole thing will back up!!!

you need to flush the float shaft with warm/hot water daily and every few days you need to scrub the shaft to remove any sticky to keep it running good.

Other than that its not a bad little releaser.

ADK1 you need and can't stress it enough a moisture trap...(house filter plumbed backwards with ball in it). Anti backflow check valve, I have a pressure relief valve in mine as well. vacuum gauges. thats it really. I think and I use a little bb2 with a 1 hp motor on it. runs like a CHAMP!!!