PDA

View Full Version : New evaporator is here.

heus
05-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Brought home the rest of my new 2.5x10 A&A evaporator today. Here are some fuzzy camerphone pictures of it. Evaporator is in its temporary location while I pour concrete pads. It is a soldered raised flue with 3 foot syrup pan and 7 foot flue pan. Everything is stainless (arch, stack, etc) and it has an airtight front. My initial thoughts on this rig:
1.It seems pretty solidly built.
2.Not shiny like my last rig but I knew that when I ordered.
3.I like that the arch is made for a raised flue. No need to fill with sand or vermiculite like my last arch.
4.It came with the ducting into the back of the firebox already there. I didnt expect that.
5.It came with both firebrick and blanket. I thought I was only getting one or the other with the deal.
I cant wait to get it installed and have a test boil. That probably wont be until mid to late summer. I was not prepared for it to get here so quickly.

ClarkFarmMapleSyrup
05-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Congrats! Looks alittle different from when I was there :lol: How many gph will you boil now? You already have it in your sugar house, our addition isnt even done yet. Just broke ground today as a matter of fact, hope to have gravel and concreate by end of June or so. Get a buffer and polish it up if you want it real shiny like the old one. :rolleyes:

Sunday Rock Maple
05-10-2012, 08:11 PM
What a fine looking machine!

There are many days (and some of them really good days) that you will never remember. This one, you will never forget......

Paddymountain
05-10-2012, 08:17 PM
I bought A&A pans last year for my 2.5x8 drop flue, I'm really satisfied with them. not as many flues as my leader pans but 1/2 the price of tig welded.
As a small producer ,hard to justify 4 grand for a set of pans. They may not be shiny, but I bet you'll make a lot of syrup

heus
05-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Clark,
It wont ever be as pretty as my last one. I am hoping to boil 100 gph as it is. The 2.5x8 model like this has been known to boil 90 gph.

sirsapsalot
05-10-2012, 08:43 PM
How many flues does it have ? If you dont mind me asking how much does a soldered 2.5x10 cost these days ?

heus
05-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Cost was $5027.00 which included steam hood, all stainless stack for arch (12") and steam hood (8"), blanket insulation, full size firebricks, peaked roof jack, airtight front, and shipping costs. Not sure about the number of flues I will try to check tomorrow. Going to wait until next year to get a preheater.

western mainer
05-11-2012, 05:01 AM
Looks good, and a good price! Have fun setting it up.
Brian

Ed R
05-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Jason, That looks like a well built sturdy unit. Keep us updated, I'm interested in how it boils. At some point we may have to replace our leader pans, A&A looks like an attractive alternative. By the way, the buckets that I bought from you worked great, no leakers. Thanks