PDA

View Full Version : Universal pipeline receiver panel.

79Binder
05-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I have a used universal pipeline receiver panel with the stainless steel receiver Jar. I was wondering if this is something anyone would have an interest in make homemade maple sap releaser. This would be slightly different than the releasers in use now. These releasers have pump in the bottom. When they trip, they do not shut off the vacuum to the line. They just pump out the jar, without shutting off the vacuum to the line. To use these you have to adapt from 2 inch stainless steel lines, your main lines coming in.

Does anyone think they would have a use for such an outfit? Should I be posting this on equipment for sale, or should I just be scrapping it out for the stainless in it???

Stevenick
05-03-2012, 06:14 AM
trying to understand what you are saying....
I am working on a home made releaser. I have a great vaccuum pump, no releaser built yet...

wiam
05-03-2012, 06:38 AM
That would work as is for a releaser. Electric releasers do not turn off vac when pumping out.

79Binder
05-03-2012, 07:46 AM
I guess it should be more clear. This is a dairy pipeline receiver panel made by universal. It has 2 inch incoming stainless steel lines. It has electrodes into the receiver jar and a half horse motor driving the pump at the base jar for the pump out. When the electrodes contacted the milk it tripped the pump for the pump out. It was designed to be mounted on a wall. I will get pictures today. The question I have is is this something someone would like to try to make a maple sap releaser out of, or should I just be looking at it for scrap??.

lpakiz
05-03-2012, 08:21 AM
For those who have electricity available, it would work very well. (I have to run my vac system on gasoline)
DO NOT DISCARD!!