PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay in Swanton?

Bruce L
04-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Planning on attending the open houses again this year,looking for recommendations on places to stay ,just need a good place to sleep that I don't spend too much $$$ on sleeping quarters that I can use for buying tubing etc.
Thanks,Bruce

Thompson's Tree Farm
04-15-2012, 05:23 AM
If you don't mind roughing it, check out Vermont state parks. There are some close by and it is off season. Some have lean-to accommodations and you can stay for free if you contact them ahead of time. You will have to walk and carry your sleeping gear a couple of hundred yards and bathrooms and such are not open but for one night it isn't bad and the price is right!

maple maniac65
04-15-2012, 09:06 AM
There are only a few hotels in Swanton. Burlington is a better bet and the price ranges from $80.00 on up. Burlington is about an hour from Swanton

farmall h
04-15-2012, 12:38 PM
I would "google" motels in Swanton VT...surely there is something closer than Burlington.
Also try St.Albans VT...very close to Swanton.

maplwrks
04-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Run the border---we'll put you up at the St. Albans correctional center!!

mapletre111
04-16-2012, 09:35 AM
There is only 1 motel in Swanton and 2 in St. Albans. These are probably full already. Here is a link for Where to Stay, it includes area RV parks, but you should call to see if they are open yet. Good Luck!

http://www.leaderevaporator.com/pdf_files/where-to-stay.pdf

maple maniac65
04-17-2012, 07:06 AM
There is a decent hotel in St Albans the other one is not as nice. Burlington is your best bet on finding a room unless you book 6 months in advance.

Bruce L
04-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks for your help,booked the Comfort Suite in South Burlington this morning.

Marc Duclos
04-18-2012, 05:46 AM
Marc from Deerfield NH, open house! When is this going to happen.

Bruce L
04-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Hi Marc from Deerfield,open house is April 27 and 28,rather than rushing down on 27th,I will come down evening of 26th,then go to open houses on the way back home.
Bruce

Dill
04-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Well I can now post a review of the Europa Motel in Swanton. Located a couple of odd turns off the main road, the motel, seems very small there are only 4 doors on the front after all. However you will be delighted to find out that is only a corridor for people who like to smoke at a odd hours, and not wake their roommate. Now are you tired of staying in places and wondering how your neighbors in the rooms to the right and left are fairing? Well don't you worry! At the Europa, you can keep tabs on them. You will know whether they are snoring contentedly, turning over or just farting again.
So if you find yourself looking for a bed in swanton, don't overlook the europa.