PDA

View Full Version : still tapped..........

jmayerl
04-13-2012, 08:45 PM
If anyone around green bay needs a good laugh, go drive on Hwy 29, just west of the city on the south side of the highway. The season has been over for just about a month and the leaves are all out on the trees but this guy is still hanging on. He has a few hundred buckets still hanging. WTF! Like my wife said, maybe hes just starting 2013 a little early.

Mark
04-14-2012, 07:12 AM
Maybe he is not done pulling taps yet but I don't think there are any operations that big down there. It takes me a month to pull taps. My son is helping this year and we almost have it done, the last 2000 to go today. This will be the earliest so far, it usually goes into the first of June for me.

jmayerl
04-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Hmm pretty sure that's not it since his whole operation is all 150 buckets that you can see from the road. We pulled 800 buckets in 5 hours so I don't think that's the deal, but also remember that the tree does much of its healing the tap hole during early summer so its not a good idea to just leave them in til whenever.

In just saying.

Mark
04-14-2012, 09:33 AM
We don't have any leaves on our trees yet up here, just starting to see a little green if I look close. We have close to 20,000 to pull but have only a couple thousand left to go.

southfork
04-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Things happen. He must have his reasons.