PDA

View Full Version : Sugarhouse Display -- A container from every state/province

TroutBrookSH
03-30-2006, 01:51 PM
I just picked up a glass display case at auction for the sugarhouse. I've got most of the various containers we fill on display. Thought it would be cool to have maybe a pint or 1/2 pint from every maplebelt state or province on display as well -- plastic or metal. Anybody want to trade a NY/Trout Brook Sugarhouse for a <your state/your name>? I'm willing to buy if a trade doesn't work.

Greg

Sugarmaker
03-30-2006, 07:21 PM
Greg,
That's a neat idea for collectors and the display should be well received by all visitors.
(PM Me and we can try to get hooked up. I would like to know more about your source for the containers. Might consider custom containers for our sugarhouse if the price was reasonable.)
Chris

mapleman3
03-31-2006, 07:23 AM
Greg, is that empty just for display? I'll send a Mass Jug

Chris, I have been seriously considering my own jugs... wondering if its worth it for 80-100 gallons of syrup.... I know I go through a few cases each of quarts and pints each year... not much in gallons and 1/2 pts though

TroutBrookSH
03-31-2006, 07:35 AM
Actually, I don't have my own custom jugs. Just a NY jug with a custom sticker made by my wife on the computer.

I thought it would be more authentic to have a jug with real Mass., PA, WVA, etc. syrup in it. I know I can get it on eBay, but would rather have it be from someone from MapleTrader.com.

Greg

mapleman3
03-31-2006, 07:37 AM
All I need is an address and will be glad to send you one :wink:

Dropflue
03-31-2006, 08:22 AM
Greg,
I have been collecting different style syrup containers for the past 5 years. I bought an extensive collection from Schambach’s Maple before they went out of business. I may have a few doubles in my collection. Let me check what I have extra. It looks really neat to see the different style containers that are out there, especially the old lithograph tin containers.

Jim,
I too was thinking about having custom jugs made. I had a custom logo made with labels this year. I have prices from Sugarhill for customs jugs. The initial setup cost is about $250-300. After that, the price per case was equivalent to buying standard state label jugs. The price per jug increases with the number of colors in the design.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-31-2006, 12:06 PM
Greg,

I will send you a WV jug. PM me with your mailing address. Empty of course, you couldn't afford my maple syrup. :lol: :lol: :lol: 8O

The initial setup for sugarhill is $ 120 if you provide the artwork or use one of their designs. They are sending me info and I may get a custom label. There is a $ 20 setup fee everytime they print your jugs, however. The problem down here is that more people like the WV name on the jug vs a private name. If I do it, I may try to do both. :)

brookledge
03-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Don't forget that those charges are for each size. I have 5 different sizes from 1/2 pint to gallon that I get from Sugarhill. Also depending on how many cases you buy the set up charge goes down. I usually order every two years. I'm lucky that I'm only 15 minutes from there so I pick them up myself.
Keith

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-31-2006, 09:33 PM
I may have been wrong about what the initial fee was. If you use one of their designs, it appears it $ 250 for 2 color and if you have custom artwork, maybe a lot more. They sent me a private label price sheet and it is not very good. If I can get a good price on state jugs, may just stick with that. :?

Maple Hill Sugarhouse
04-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Send things FedEx as the United States Postal Service is slow/Or maybe it's the person sending it?

fred
08-23-2007, 06:52 AM
has anyone heard from kevin schambach lately. i used to sell equiptment for him in ohio. talked to him alot and all of a sudden like that he was gone :) (usual suspects)