PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to upgrade next year

jrmaple
04-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Hi,

I have a 2x4 Leader with a flat stainless steel pan right now, I added a blower on last year, and insulated the arch better, had it boiling about 10-12 gallons an hour, I had 97 taps on this rig this year, and next year I'm looking to upgrade to a much bigger number, around 250-300 taps, and with plans to expand further in years fallowing that, I guess my question is, should I get a 2x6 with a steam-away or pre-heater, or should I get something like a 2x8, or what would work for anything from 250-600 taps (600 taps is my goal to achieve in the next 4 years) and so I won't be boiling anymore than three times a week or four times a week, any advice for what would be the right rig for me? And if so, I'm looking to buy so if any body knows of ANY equipment that might work for me please let me know, and if anybody is interested in buying or trading for a 2x4 I have one and it comes with two pans, one pan has drop flues but two of the flues need to be fixed, and the other pan is the flat pan and it comes with firebricks and brand new SS base stack and the stack that's on it now too, all advice appreciated and if interested in buying or trading let me know. Thanks in advance!

Zach

spencer11
04-03-2012, 08:05 PM
i would get a 2.5 or 3x8 at least, with a hood and preheater, and probably an RO if you can afford it. 150-250 gph i would guess is what you would want. for equipment check out bascoms used stuff for pretty good deals, the classifieds here, and craigslist. i have found some good deals of stuff that was very helpful. my cell is 603-290-8202, call or text if you need some help or info.

spencer

Lee
04-07-2012, 06:10 AM
Hi Zach, I'm interested in buying your 2x4 . I am not far from Pomfret.

jrmaple
04-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi everybody, I'm still looking to buy a used evaporator, any size between a 2x6 and a 3x10, please contact me if you know of anything that might work and that is for sale, thank you.

Zach

sirhart1
08-24-2012, 08:50 AM
I live in stafford and Im selling my WSE 2x6 let me know if your inteested Rick