PDA

View Full Version : Divider pan

tonka
03-31-2012, 09:48 PM
After this last season I have learned that time is money and I lost money because I didnt have the time to keep up with the boiling which inturn I ended up on dumping way too much sap. I want try and avoid it from happening again andi would like to be a bit more efficiant so I am planning on making myself a new pan thats divided into 5 pools for next season. Is what I would like to know is the hole that is cut in each wall so the sap/syrup can flow from pool to pool, what is the recomended hole size in each wall to make it work successfull?

spencer11
04-01-2012, 06:19 AM
im going to make mine triangle shaped, and have them 3" tall and 3" long. if your looking for more efficienty a you need a flue pan of some type. a divided pan will only make better gradient.

spencer

tonka
04-01-2012, 10:01 AM
I have been thinking about trying to incorperate some type of flues to the pan.

04-01-2012, 10:15 AM
I it he same pan you used this year cause if it it is then to get mor out of it you need the flues I do know I saw on sbi a 2x3? with flues and a syrup pan yo may want to look into it.

spencer11
04-01-2012, 10:17 AM
dop tubes would probably be the easiest way. rileysugarbush has some info on them.

spencer