PDA

View Full Version : Burnt Pan

325abn
03-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Well I just burnt my pan although not that bad I am going to clean it and mabey continue to boil. I just screwed up! I started another pan and dumped one of my preheater pans into the new pan and did not fiqure that into my checking time. I came in side sat down to eat when my normal check time (20 min)elapsed I went outside and as soon as I stepped out and saw the thick white smoke 8O I new what it was. Bummer! :oops:

mapleman3
03-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Hmmph, I know the feeling.. and the smell!! 8O :? we all do it once in a great while

325abn
03-29-2006, 07:53 PM
What a mess! What are some ideas on how to clean this aluminum pan? Or is it just elbow grease and a wire wheel?

I would realy like to boil some more this year.

Thanks

VA maple guy
03-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Try a right angle air die grinder with a 2" scotch brite disc , It's the same thing mechanics use to clean gasgket surfaces with. I burnt my syrup pan last fall, It's also made out of aluminum and it cleaned up real nice with one of these discs.
Gerry

325abn
03-29-2006, 09:19 PM
Try a right angle air die grinder with a 2" scotch brite disc , It's the same thing mechanics use to clean gasgket surfaces with. I burnt my syrup pan last fall, It's also made out of aluminum and it cleaned up real nice with one of these discs.
Gerry

Great idea! Seems I happen to have a air die grinder.

Thanks

GregMVT
03-30-2006, 05:21 AM
I scorched my pan last Sunday and found that one of those brass wire wheels on a drill will clean it up very nicely except for the corners and along the edges.

Greg