PDA

View Full Version : Tapped Today...LOL

DonMcJr
03-25-2012, 05:49 PM
I looked at the 10 day and see it's cooling down at night and looked up at the tops of my 2 good trees by my house and all the other trees are green but these 2 that I tapped...I'm thinking tapping slowed them down and with this cold snap I may get another gallon of Syrup made.

So I put the 5 Taps back in to see what happens since I just pulled them less than 24 hours ago...:cool:

TerryEspo
03-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Hi Don:

Glad to hear your trying for more,,,me too!!

I went and tapped mabye 20 trees that have not buded or whatever its called and sure enough, sap is running. I noticed the biggest, mature trees I have are the last to bud and seem to be late sappers, the are giving lots of clear sap.

I have about 20 gallons on ice and hope Thursday to boil. I hope this sap is not too late and hope it makes good syrup.

Good luck with your collection.

Terry

DonMcJr
03-29-2012, 01:59 AM
I'm not getting much...maybe got a gallon so far...might just pull them this weekend and call it a good 1st Season!

DonMcJr
03-30-2012, 05:04 AM
I think its done...it went below 30 tonight so if there's nothing by Saturday evening then I'm pulling taps and washing everything for storage...

michiganfarmer2
03-31-2012, 06:56 PM
wow. good luck guys

DonMcJr
03-31-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't think I got any today... I forgot to fgo look at the big tree the one behind the house didn't give any...