PDA

View Full Version : Handing it down to generation's

Shawn
03-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Sugaring has been done for us here since last week, but my four year old grandson it seemed was more depressed then I. Everyday he was up to the sugar house helping to collect and the little man would walk behind the trailer with his pail and was able to lift the buckets off the tree and if to heavy would ask for help from us. When it came to the pipeline holding tanks he would lift the lids off and yell to poppa "wow" this one is full poppa. Always helping to bring wood in for the arch and always willing to ride with poppa on the four wheeler to collect. Camo hat and and camo rubber boots and makes me proud to hand this hobby down to him some day along with my son. One more bit when the little man is in the woods and nature calls he is not afraid to find a place to take care of business and keep on trucking after, Poppa will take credit for that lesson!!!! Even if it was a poor year to have him with me is worth more then anything!! And to have two more grandson's growing will perhaps give this o'l redneck a chance to sit down and just watch them go! :)

vtmapleman
03-26-2012, 05:04 PM
I know exactly what you are saying. My youngest grandson was able to help me for a few days this year - it was such a pleasure having him help - they just grow up so fast.

SWEETER CREATIONS
03-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Well ours is only 14months and got the feeling he's got the bug already got the bug. He loves the sugar house with papa especially maple cream all fingers in the dish not just 1.
Looks like he's hooked.Nana got to come too, what you wouldnt give to be that age again? Good thing that bug do sent bite that hard!

adk1
03-27-2012, 06:12 AM
This is the whole reason I even got into sugarin. My kids 8&5 loved being in the sugarhouse and handing me wood every 7 minutes to feed the arch. They liked to collect the dozen or so sacks I had near the sugarhouse, but not in the dark! haha. My daughter loved to entertain us with her toy harmonica..music to my ears!

backyard sugaring
03-27-2012, 08:57 PM
My children think it is the coolest thing to order a pizza and eat it in the sugar shack. Even though we have an evaporator they like to boil sap over a open fire with a lobster pot. More people should enjoy the time with family and friends well boing down sap. Thanks Lee

adk1
03-28-2012, 11:26 AM
we did the pizza thing for 2 of the 6 boils I had. It was great. wanted to have my daughters March 22 birthday in the sugarhouse with pancakes/sausage n bacon and corn fritters but we were done boiling before that