PDA

View Full Version : Dark syrup?

Winton
03-28-2006, 06:56 PM
My sap's still nice and clear, but my syrup has been running dark all week. I've heard from a few others that that's the case all over -- what are you finding?

brookledge
03-28-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm making commercial now in the valley. Not sure if it will get cold enough tonight or not. Clear night with no clouds so maybe. After that with highs at 70 and lows in the mid 40s it doesn't look good.
Keith

mapleman3
03-29-2006, 06:24 AM
I only made a few gallons one day of dark, then it went back to light... I'll post my grades soon as I figure them out on paper... wierd season for me...

Russell Lampron
03-29-2006, 11:54 AM
I think it has been a wierd season for everybody. I made medium the first 2 times I boiled, then I made grade B for 2 boils and it has been dark amber ever since. I thought with the RO machine I would be making light syrup but I'm glad I'm not. I had a very positive response to the fact that I had grade B on the open house weekend and it was just flying off the shelf.

Russ

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Best tasting syrup in my opinion and a lot of other people that get my syrup is B is best, but I have a hard time making it most of the time. :D