PDA

View Full Version : super flue pan?

maple flats
03-19-2012, 06:21 PM
I heard someone is making a flue pan with deeper flues than The Max. Anyone have any info? I'm thinking of upgrading for 2014 season with new pans. I now have a 3 x 8 with a 2' syrup and a 6' flue pan. I'm thinking a 3' syrup and a 5' flue but thinking super flues might be better. Anyone have any experience with Max flues or even deeper flues?

Thiems sugarshack
03-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Im also planning on buying A new 2 by 6 leader max flue setup and am wondering how accurate the rated boiling rate is.

stewardsdairy
03-20-2012, 10:15 AM
We upgraded from a standard 3 x 8 to a 3 x 10 with vortex arch, max flues and enhanced steamaway this year. I went from a 60 gallon per hour boil to a 250 gallon per hour boil. That was using fine split and very dry hard wood, and fueling every 8 to 10 minutes. The rate of boiling was amazing. Sap was jumping 10 to 12 inches above the flues where the firebox ramped up. If you are going to order, be sure to do it quick. Leader was over a month off in their predicted delivery date and we lost a couple of weeks in a short season, but I was very happy with the way it boiled sap.

nymapleguy607
03-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Sunrise metal shop was building a 2x6 evaporator that used a 16" flue. I don't think this was for sale yet or if they plan on building them bigger. They claimed to be around 70 gals an hour.

Bruce L
03-22-2012, 11:39 AM
As owners of a new max flue pan and vortex arch,I can say I know why Leader builds their pans out of heavier(20 guage) stainless.This pan boils so violently that it physically is shaking on the arch,lighter guage steel may not take the stress over time.Looking forward to next year with dry wood to see what it can really do.