PDA

View Full Version : short seaon.

PerryW
03-15-2012, 07:16 AM
I suppose a miracle could happen, but I guess I didn't need new plastic and CV spouts when the season is only a week long.

Gravel
03-15-2012, 07:52 AM
I feel your pain, I invested in pipeline this year to save on time gathering, turns out gathering wouldnt have been to much work after all, very dissapointed, hoping for the same miracle you are...

highlandcattle
03-15-2012, 08:13 AM
After all the money and time, it came to this! Nothing to bother with. I am scrambling for ideas for the farmers' markets i do. Finally got a customer base and now this. Maybe next year.

GeneralStark
03-15-2012, 09:23 AM
After all the money and time, it came to this! Nothing to bother with. I am scrambling for ideas for the farmers' markets i do. Finally got a customer base and now this. Maybe next year.

I hear ya there. This year I will be focusing more on candy, cream and sugar as I will have to buy syrup to meet demand for products. Not a big deal when selling value added products, but it may be tough for folks who sell syrup only.

nymapleguy607
03-15-2012, 09:29 AM
I tied my production from last year, the only difference was last year it took 5 weeks to get this year it took 2. I was hoping to double the amount I made but oh well theres always next year.

Daren
03-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Earliest end I've ever had for sure. Invested in RO and added taps and still gonna end up a few gallons less than last year. Only upside is I could measure my wood consumption in wheelbarrow fulls.

smokeyamber
03-15-2012, 11:16 AM
I did new dump stations... didn't need em since there is no snow ...

New rig is only good cause I need to boil off my stockpile FAST before it gets to 80degrees...

Planning for next year... I will never second guess tapping too early !