PDA

View Full Version : Close but no Cigar

Pete33Vt
03-27-2006, 07:59 PM
I wanted to post the problems of a sugar maker cousin of mine. He has 925 taps, first time with a big rig 4'x14'. He has a new 10 yrs lease. Rig is in bad shape. But hopefully will do. Well cold weather came. Rig froze up and POP. No more rig. Well ok new pans. Well new pans were ordered, from Canada. They arrive at border (Sugar House is 15' from border crossing). 25 people at sugar house to help with new setup and moral support. But someone screwed up the paper work, they cannot come through customs at that border. They have to go through crossing 1hr away. So I am going to help at 4:30 am to get his NEW Rig up an running.
Its going to be a long day. SAP STILL GOING IN VT. :o :cry: :( 8O :D

Pete33Vt
04-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Well just to let you all know,we finally got the rig together. Had plenty of sap to boil (about 2500 gals) Rig boils great. Only other problem for the year was vacum releaser quit gave Garth Atherton a call and he fixed us right up. Can't say enough about CDL/Dellair and their guys, Great sales and Service. Now season is done, but work just begining, wood to cut and more taps to put in.

Great summer to all.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
04-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Good to hear about Garth and CDL. I guess they straightend him out. I couldn't get much of anything out of him when it was Waterloo. :? Glad there is another company out there with good customer service! :D

Mike
04-24-2006, 09:09 AM
Hey Pete, Where is your cousins sugar house......Mine is close to the border in franklin...Mike

Pete33Vt
04-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Mike
My cousin Scott's sugar house is across the road from the Richford border crossing. The one past Blue Seal Feeds. Also thanks for the offer on finding equipment. I just might take you up on it.