PDA

View Full Version : Airablo vane pump with cooler

Buffalo Creek Sugar Camp
03-13-2012, 02:21 PM
I was wondering if anybody has tried the Airblo vane pump with cooler that Leader is selling. They claim it will pull 27" with much higher CFM's at higher vacuum then a ring pump. The regular flood vane pump that Leader sells is a lot cheaper. I would be interested in hearing what experience anybody has with these pumps. Thanks.

Sunday Rock Maple
03-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Got the 5hp model, like it -- very quiet and pulls 26" on two dual Bernards. Goes to 27.5" when things freeze up.

sapman
03-13-2012, 10:55 PM
I've heard the higher CFM theory, and not real sure about it. I'd say give Glenn Goodrich a call. I think he knows something about it. I don't know if you can go wrong with the Busch pump. I like mine, but I don't have the # of taps you have, either.

doocat
03-14-2012, 01:46 PM
I am interested in the busch pumps. Tim can you give me the #taps, vacuum, and cfms you get with yours. here or pm, thanks

Craig

sapman
03-14-2012, 02:56 PM
About 2150 taps this year. I think it's 30cfm, usually drawing about 2.2 kW aet high spee d. We have struggled to keep above 25 ", as we had to keep after loosening spouts. Sometimes i wonder if I should have gone with the next size. A lot more money, though. Overall I'm very pleased. Can be a hassle to wire and program.