PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm done!

John c
03-13-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm going to hang it up for the year. I just finished up my last gallon and a half this morning. Somehow my trees are still running and running clear at 1.75%, but in my opinion I'm not gonna waste my time with 1.75% sap. Maybe I'm just spoiled from having 3%+ all season!? I don't know how they can still be running. All and all I had a great season as a small timer!
I hope the best of luck to you all!!!!

jasonl6
03-13-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm at 1.5 still going. Boil it until you can't filter it anymore. You can sell it all.

Jason

danno
03-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Jason, I'm with you. John, truck that sap up to Syracuse, I'll buy it from you. Can't believe your sap is still clear.

wnybassman
03-13-2012, 08:31 PM
I'm going to hang it up for the year. I just finished up my last gallon and a half this morning. Somehow my trees are still running and running clear at 1.75%, but in my opinion I'm not gonna waste my time with 1.75% sap. Maybe I'm just spoiled from having 3%+ all season!? I don't know how they can still be running. All and all I had a great season as a small timer!
I hope the best of luck to you all!!!!

Makes me wonder why I boiled all that 1.2 to 1.4 I had. I dumped ten gallons of 1.0 though. I only saw sap over 2.0 the first couple runs I had.

John c
03-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Well guys, when I went out to pull the taps I found a bunch of my buckets over flowing, some bone dry, and some in between. All together I managed to collect about 45 gallons of crystal clear, 1.75%. Needless to say I am boiling at the moment. Lol! I just can't believe they are still running not to mention clear!

Mike in NY
03-14-2012, 06:10 PM
the best I shall say about 2012 season is it did not suk as bad as expected. Just finishing of the last 50 gallons out of the back pan then tear down and clean up. Not gonna pull taps but imagine we are done. Having trouble getting the 3-4 gallons we made today through the primary filter but passes 2 nd filter fine
"a bad day in the sugarhouse beats ANY day in the paper mill"
;)

Lyle
03-14-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm going to hang it up for the year. I just finished up my last gallon and a half this morning. Somehow my trees are still running and running clear at 1.75%, but in my opinion I'm not gonna waste my time with 1.75% sap. Maybe I'm just spoiled from having 3%+ all season!? I don't know how they can still be running.

!! I started the year with 1.4% and quickly fell to 1.1, finishing the year at 1.0 when most of my trees went cloudy.

John c
03-14-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm going to hang it up for the year. I just finished up my last gallon and a half this morning. Somehow my trees are still running and running clear at 1.75%, but in my opinion I'm not gonna waste my time with 1.75% sap. Maybe I'm just spoiled from having 3%+ all season!? I don't know how they can still be running.

!! I started the year with 1.4% and quickly fell to 1.1, finishing the year at 1.0 when most of my trees went cloudy.
I guess I've been spoiled. I did boil up my last 45 or so gallons of 1.75% and ended up with almost a gallon. It just might have been a gallon if the stuff woulda gone through the filter, but I got frustrated and dumped the last pint or so that just wouldnt go! I can officially say that I'm done for the year.

SPILEDRIVER
03-14-2012, 09:04 PM
my taps were still running clear this morning as well.....but the sugar was hardly noticeable........had the wife and sun start pulling the taps this evening after school around the house,ill get the hill trees and the gravity tubing this weekend....year was better than predicted but still short......made great syrup and im allmost sold out allready..........only got a few more gallons to seel the rest stays home