PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait!!!!

DonMcJr
03-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Til I get my evaporator... This has been the WORST Boil time-wise...

41 Gallons and I been at it for 19 1/2 Hours!

Got about 2 1/2 gallons to get down to 1 gallon.

It's really Dark almost like Coffee...We'll see how it tastes and what it looks like in the bottle.

Z/MAN
03-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Don, You REALLY HAVE TO WANT IT!:)

PerryW
03-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Til I get my evaporator... This has been the WORST Boil time-wise...

41 Gallons and I been at it for 19 1/2 Hours!

Got about 2 1/2 gallons to get down to 1 gallon.

It's really Dark almost like Coffee...We'll see how it tastes and what it looks like in the bottle.

Not sure where in Michigan Columbus is, but, judging by the color of your syrup and the predicted weather, you may have to wait till next year to run the half-pint.

DonMcJr
03-12-2012, 01:32 AM
Perry...I'm in SE Michigan... Today I got 22 gallons of nice clear Sap and it was still flowing at 10 pm...

I have the sap in a 44 gallon food grade container, with 6 frozen 2 litre bottles, a lid and my old thick bath robe covering it keeping it cold! I should have another 20 gallons by morning and the Ice will be refreshed morning and evening...I WILL get to use my new toy this weekend...;)

GramaCindy
03-12-2012, 05:14 AM
Perry...I'm in SE Michigan... Today I got 22 gallons of nice clear Sap and it was still flowing at 10 pm...

I have the sap in a 44 gallon food grade container, with 6 frozen 2 litre bottles, a lid and my old thick bath robe covering it keeping it cold! I should have another 20 gallons by morning and the Ice will be refreshed morning and evening...I WILL get to use my new toy this weekend...;)

Hello Don, I have been following your posts and enjoy hearing your progress. One thing that I do when the weather is getting warm, for keeping the sap cold, I freeze SAP in containers that allow for easy removal of the burg, dump just the sap burg into the sap tank, that way, it's a much bigger burg, and all sap. I refreeze the containers like you do and replace morning and late afternoon. my containers are 1/2 gallon, and I put in several each time. Worked great last year, I hope to actually get that opportunity this year, just tapped yesterday, 60* lousy degrees and no freezing nighttime temps all week. ARGGGGG

DonMcJr
03-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Good Luck GrammaCindy! thanks for the tips!