PDA

View Full Version : Is it over

somershobby
03-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Had a great 3rd week. With the temps in the high 60s for all of next week and no freezing temps at night should I pull my taps or wait it out in hopes that next week will be better. I was hopeing for another 2 weeks but if you more experienced guys out there say thats it then thats it.

John c
03-11-2012, 12:02 AM
I'm not gonna take anybodies word for it, the trees will tell the facts! It's way too early to just assume anything. We've had some serious winter in march in the past. I'm gonna leave the taps in for a few more weeks and hope the warm weather goes away!

Bucket Head
03-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah, its not over yet. It can't be fifty degrees everyday from here on out- its only March remember. I'll agree its been a lousy season so far, and hopefully it turns around soon.

argohauler
03-11-2012, 07:00 AM
La Nina is doin' us dirt!

In hindsight, I probably should of tapped the end of January instead of the middle of February.

maple2
03-11-2012, 07:28 AM
boiled in 3000gals. yesterday.making med. syrup. as the day went on, syrup kept getting darker.seems the fresher the sap, the darker the syrup. temps were around 36. sap was cloudy. ended up making B by the end of the day. tasted like med.??