PDA

View Full Version : bigger evap for next year!!

bowtie
03-10-2012, 01:29 PM
i am super happy with my 2x4 hobby mason with blower but with 160 buckets i can not keep up, and with plans for 300 next year i am definately getting a bigger evap. i am hoping for a mason 2x8 dop flue or maybe if he will make it a 30" x 8' drop flue i need to be at about 50-60 gph to keep up. i have already dumped about 300 gallons of sap this week becuase i could not process it. i am boiling riight now and have about 250 gallons to go thru from thursday and friday and expect a big run tomorrow. i am getting anywhere from 10-16 gph, 10 when i do not get it fired quick enough about every 5-7 minutes. i will most likely sell this when the season is over, hate to but wife says if a bigger ones is the works it must go. i will be looking for a 7" bank filter also and more holding tanks, and i have to gat the new sugar shack going by fall. it looks to be an expensive "off-season". oh the other thing i want is a small used r/o, i had better get a higher paying job!! i
i am beginning to think that this is turning in to hunting for me, the season never ends and the "wants" do not either!
gotta go i think i missed my firing time!