PDA

View Full Version : Tapped in New Brunswick 2012

murferd
03-09-2012, 04:49 AM
Finished tapping yesterday, somewhere between 900-925. Yesterday was 12 deg C, today should be somewhat cooler & next week forecast looks like sap weather. Need to get sugar shack things finished today so we can start saving sap. We usually let the first day run while we are tapping go on ground, to get all the left over crap out of lines.

KillerBee
03-15-2012, 09:18 PM
Finished tapping on the 14th. Today was good weather, but curiously very little sap. Should be good by the week-end!

sniperdodo
03-19-2012, 08:34 AM
I tapped 200 two weeks ago in the Moncton area. Only 110 gallons to boil and now a full week of record heat, its shaping up to be a very bad year.

woodburner
03-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Hello from the lower 48,Ohio. Sounds like the warmup has reached you and is having the same effect. Our season ended the first week in March,usually our best two weeks,not this year. We tapped Feb 2 and it was a good thing we did, had a good season until March. Made 133gal on 400taps. Down 25 gal from last year. The wife and I are headed your way in Aug. and hope to spend a couple weeks seeing the Maritimes. I would like to visit a couple sugar operations. We hope to get to the International Kit fly-in in Dieppe NB Aug 15-19. A spot to park a small fiberglass camper ,16' would be a great help. No hookup needed I have a solar panel. I can be contacted through this site or eashook@gmail.com Salvage what is left of the season, will bring some of our best syrup up for a taste.